Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Acesfool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:07:41 PM(UTC)
Acesfool

Groups: Registered

I've been all over the internet trying to find a solution to this. Our machine runs through the wash cycle just fine and goes through the dry cycle without any errors. But the clothes are completely soaked. We had a technician come out and he concluded that the drain pump was bad and replaced it. But it didn't fix the problem. We can't afford another service call so I've been tinkering with it to see if I can solve the problem. I believe I have figured out where the problem is coming from but I'm not sure what needs to be replaced to fix it.

I spoke to support at the LG website a few times and they kept saying make sure the cold water line to the washer is turned on during the dry cycle because the machine spritzes water while drying. But just for grins I turned off the cold water and ran a spin/dry cycle. It dried everything perfectly. I turned the cold water back on and ran the same cycle on the same clothes and they were soaked when it was done.

After that I looked at the cold water valve/inlet. It has four hoses connected to it, one of which leads to the dryer duct. Each hose connection has a capacitor (that's what it looks like to me) on top of it with a wire plugged into it. For further testing I unplugged the wire above the hose that runs to the dryer duct. I then ran a full wash and dry cycle and everything came out the way its supposed to. All of the water drained and the clothes were dry.

I guess my question is does that water valve inlet need to be replaced or is it possible that the controller board is messed up? My first guess is that if it was the controller board then there would be some type of error message and/or something else that wasn't working properly. But I don't know that for sure. And since it seems to work fine without it, would it hurt anything to just leave that wire unplugged and continue the washer as usual?

I attempted to upload a pic of the valve, not sure if it worked though.

Thanks
Acesfool attached the following image(s):
washervalve.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

grandtetons15  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:10:38 AM(UTC)
grandtetons15

The cylinders on top of the valves are the solenoids that use the electric signal to control the valves. Sounds like the solenoid is not working on the one valve. I'm sure you can find something on this website about checking the solenoids and additional info but I found this real quick on another, http://www.********************...t-water-valve+repair.htm. Keep in mind that I'm another DIYer but this should get you moving in the right direction. Good Luck!
canyak  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:08:06 PM(UTC)
canyak

Did you find out what the problem was? Our washer is doing the same thing. At the end of the wash cycle, the clothes are lightly damp after being spun, but by the end of the dry cycle they are dripping wet.
ncalixto  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 4:04:03 AM(UTC)
ncalixto

I have the same problem. It runs through all the cycles fine until.its time to dry. The cloths are soaking wet when the dry cycle starts. Ive checked the hoses, valve, cleaned the filters in the water hoses. Checked the drain pump. The water is being drain up to the drying part. Anyone have any suggestions
ncalixto  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 3:13:41 PM(UTC)
ncalixto

What is that website you recommend for the water valve? Its not showing in your response. I have the same issue as above
Needwm3987hwhelp  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 11:56:56 AM(UTC)
Needwm3987hwhelp

Same issue...

Did you find out what the problem was? Our washer isdoing the same thing. At the end of the wash cycle, the clothes are lightly damp after being spun, but by the end of the dry cycle they are dripping wet.

Any advise yet? Seems to be a very common issue, but can't find any answer.
Please help!
ncalixto  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 3:39:51 PM(UTC)
ncalixto

Yes, it was the water valve. I put the link below. If you go on YouTube or repair ************ it shows you. It was a simple repair

http://LG 5220FR2008F Washer Inlet Valve Replacement

QUOTE=Needwm3987hwhelp;903834]Same issue...

Did you find out what the problem was? Our washer isdoing the same thing. At the end of the wash cycle, the clothes are lightly damp after being spun, but by the end of the dry cycle they are dripping wet.

Any advise yet? Seems to be a very common issue, but can't find any answer.
Please help!
ncalixto  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 3:41:55 PM(UTC)
ncalixto

Yes, it was the water valve. If you go on ************************.com they show u out how to replace it. It was very simple.

[IMG]http://LG 5220FR2008F Washer Inlet Valve Replacement[/IMG]
chazwj1  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:28:45 PM(UTC)
chazwj1

Trying to touch base with Acesfool...did you solve the issue?
brand1399  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:04:03 PM(UTC)
brand1399

Thank you so much Acesfool!! This was same problem I was having, and thanks to your post I fixed it myself! Thank you!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply