Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sdillion  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 3:50:09 PM(UTC)
Sdillion

Groups: Registered

My Bosch dishwasher runs for hours. I don't know how long it would actually run if I didn't stop it. Prior to this it wasn't completely drying the dishes. I researched and found that it could be the heater assembly (part number 480317) I replaced this part and it still does the same thing. I am not sure what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 4:34:03 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

First off because of congress pushing the so called "energy efficiency" appliances onto the market dishwashers can run for 3+ hours to complete cycle i've even called manufactures and they say it's perfectly normal. Try the quick wash or 1 hour cycles for shorter cycles. Does your unit stop at some point in time? And exactly how long does it cycles? Try different cycles see if you get the same results.
Sdillion  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:07:36 PM(UTC)
Sdillion

Thanks for the information. This is a new pattern for the dishwasher, it has not always done this. I have never let it run until it quit, the longest it has ran has been 4 hours and I stopped it. It still had soap in it and the water was only lukewarm, I just had to cancel the cycle and run the rinse cycle to get the soap off. Also, this model only has 3 cycles, pots and pans, regular and rinse and hold and there is no timer to indicate how long it has left.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:52:23 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

The continuous cycling more then likely could be the main control that's the case in most situations on these bosch models. The luke warm water could be your heater or something in your heat cycle or your water supply leading to the unit. The heater not working though could be the main board not sending voltage to the heater if you have an amp clamp test the amp pull to the heater wire and you should get around 8 amps give or take a couple amps if you do then the heating circuit should be fine. Test the thermistor too on the unit make sure you got a complete circuit on that as well here's your parts for identifying things.
Parts for Bosch SHX33A05 UC/14 (FD 8211-) Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com
Here's some video's for bosch's to help you as well.
bosch dishwasher never stops - YouTube
gpiotto44  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:19:52 AM(UTC)
gpiotto44

I found this website that has great pictures showing a problem with one of the solders on the control board going bad. Re-soldering or installing a new board appears to have solved the problem for quite a few folks on various Bosch models.

Bosch SHU43 Dishwasher Repair - Dishwasher keeps running (Stuff)

For the model SHE42L it is a little tricky getting the control module out. It is an enclosed plastic box. You first have to separate the metal mounting bracket from the plastic face. There is a clip on either end that you have to release. Then you can remove the mounting. Flip it over and there are two clips that hold the plastic control box to the mounting. To open the control box you must release several clips that are in little slots below where the wiring clips go. Then you have to gently pry the box open as there are two hidden clips on the sides that I see no way of depressing. Once open there are two clips on either side of the board to release the board from its plastic box.

After doing all that I saw the same burned out solder connection that are shown at the link I provided above. Unfortunately for me there is nothing left of the little wire to re-solder it to the board. So, I think I must buy a new control unit.