Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doreen in FL  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 11:20:07 AM(UTC)
Doreen in FL

Groups: Registered

Oven and glass top Electric, Spectra Profile.
First trouble I've had - Digital readout/panel on top flashes LockedDoor and won't heat up. I had a turkey breast in the oven at 350 deg and came into kitchen half hour before timer was set to expire, to find that. The oven was no longer at 350 (began to do this maybe when someone looked inside or maybe hit the panel by mistake I thought) I tried off/clear, then turning on/off breaker to stove but nothing works to clear the message and make it actually Work again.
Stove top is working, and had to move the turkey breast to microwave... I hope this is not an expensive problem HELP!! :confused: :eek: :(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Doreen in FL  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 11:33:39 AM(UTC)
Doreen in FL

It worked! Thanks Heather, for having the issue then and Gene for replying with the fix that worked for me in 2010!
God Bless the Internet and forums like this!
Rose_Home6  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 4:58:19 AM(UTC)
Rose_Home6

Gene - looks like you are an Appliance Superman. I am hoping that you or someone else can help. I have a 6-yr old GE Profile gas oven. I went to self-clean it but the door was not shut all the way. So I immediately turned off the cleaning, but the lock latch closed. So the display says "locked" and I cannot shut my stove door, or use it. But can't seem to reset the lock either. I have killed power to the unit for a few minutes, it reset the whole thing, but when it came back on - it said "locked" again. How to I out-smart this thing?

Thanks,
Tom
lnjstim  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 3:01:41 PM(UTC)
lnjstim

Originally Posted by: Doreen in FL Go to Quoted Post
Oven and glass top Electric, Spectra Profile.
First trouble I've had - Digital readout/panel on top flashes LockedDoor and won't heat up. I had a turkey breast in the oven at 350 deg and came into kitchen half hour before timer was set to expire, to find that. The oven was no longer at 350 (began to do this maybe when someone looked inside or maybe hit the panel by mistake I thought) I tried off/clear, then turning on/off breaker to stove but nothing works to clear the message and make it actually Work again.
Stove top is working, and had to move the turkey breast to microwave... I hope this is not an expensive problem HELP!! :confused: :eek: :(

I am having the same problem with my ge double oven. Please help!
Baltozmom  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:10:33 AM(UTC)
Baltozmom

I had this too and here is Genes response! It worked for me and sounds crazy but it works!!! I wanted to post this here in case anyone else has this problem. Mine happened when I had it open and sprayed cleaner in oven and I never turned on the self cleaning either... I called GE repair and was given a hard time by a lady and pushed to buy hinges and was told she was not going to help me take apart my oven when I just asked if the door pulls off.... Crazy! This was all it was Thanks Gene!!! :") I am going to keep this info next to my oven!

Push and hold the door light switch while restart the self clean. Keep holding the door switch, wait a minute then cancel the self clean and release the door switch after the "lock" is off.

Good luck and Happy New year.

Gene.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...-door.html#ixzz3uPiCcqub
Appliance Repair Forum - Free Service from Appliance Parts Pros
dkienlen  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:16:58 PM(UTC)
dkienlen

the oven on top will not heat, the door opens but there is a continual massage-door locked-that keeps flashing
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply