Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rick123456  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 11:26:00 AM(UTC)
Rick123456

Groups: Registered

So it's not drying
I checked the high temp sensor on a hot plate,, it switches off at like +270 F and switches back on when it cools off.
The heating element is out of the machine and is not physically damaged.
2 meters read 150 ohms. Is it bad????
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Rick123456  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 6:32:39 PM(UTC)
Rick123456

Groups: Registered

ok Fixed my own issue with a little help from a brilliant guy on YouTube
So I tested the heating element in the machine and out,, and got the same resistance of 150 ohms,, not sure if that was good enough I also tested the high temp thermo switch. It's a small round device that cuts off the power to the heater when the temp goes over 250F . I took it off the washer and I put the ohm meter on it at room temp and it as 0 ohms and heated up the tray in the toaster oven to 350F and placed it on the tray. You can hear it click open, infinite ohms,, so that was ok,, still not sure about the heater I hooked up the volt meter to the leads of the heater and ran the washer in diagnostic mode and saw no real AC voltage so I searched until I found this video (see link below,,cut& paste) on you tube. Seems all I needed to do was get a little braver and take apart the front cover and display housing and get to the PCB and add some solder to the relay supplying the AC voltage to the heater,,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yif6Xj_PT8I#identifier