Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scsu96grad  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 11:10:33 PM(UTC)
scsu96grad

Groups: Registered

I moved a small-height 7yr upright freezer from an upstairs bedroom/office to a newly created laundry room as part of a kitchen renovation via sliding it gently down the carpeted staircase and across other carpet and linoleum to get to other end of the house. About 30 minutes into wiping it down with warm soapy water, the compressor seems to have quit working. Making a buzzing/humming sound and compressor was very very hot. I had to put the food that was in it into other extra freezers that we have. I noticed before moving it, that the left outer side felt very warm. It seemed to be leaking water under left front leg too after moving it.

Did the gentle move mess up the compressor or was it on it's last days if outer wall was pretty warm?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rosieddaniels  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:26:53 AM(UTC)
rosieddaniels

Well! I think while shifting some wire have come out. The room should have proper window installation, as compressor needs air and should not be covered with any material. To be more updated you can see this site.
scsu96grad  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:18:42 AM(UTC)
scsu96grad

I had a repair technician come out shortly after my original post and they looked at the back side underneath & discovered that some switch that controls it's auto-function/thermostat or something had somehow become switched off...so maybe I bumped this switch while I had it tipped on its side to wipe it down underneath due to a prior thawing and liquid leakage...but now recently after the door popped open two months ago while we were away for 5 days and I lost most of my food, it's now occasionally leaking a watery-type fluid on the bottom front right corner (luckily it's on a vinyl floor now)...don't know if it's anything to do with the melted liquid that I still need to wipe out from the inside bottom of the freezer, but geez. any ideas before I call repair guy again?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply