Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jplee3  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:47:12 PM(UTC)
jplee3

Groups: Registered

Update: I received a call back from LG the same day the report from the CPSC was forwarded to them, coincidentally. Go figure. The supervisor I spoke with has been all smoke and mirrors so far after I told him I already had one of their authorized repair partners come out and try to fix it with a part on order now. He "followed-up" with the appliance repair company (basically just a courtesy call to tell them to hurry up) and was avoiding the whole "who pays for this?" part of the discussion. I have been also trying to discuss that with them to have them cover the repair cost but so far all they keep saying is that they won't do it because it's not under warranty, in more or less words. I'm never buying an LG appliance again - never want to have to go through this ever. And I'm never recommending LG appliances to anyone who I come across.
LameGadget  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 8:50:32 PM(UTC)
LameGadget

Just bought one of these LG gas dryers (used) and hooked it up the other night to a leak free gas source. I used it a lot then let it sit for a day. When I opened the door tonight I smelled a little gas. Kind of scary...after reading this post I see I'm not the only one. Thank you for the info. I guess I'll have to have the controller replaced. Or I might just buy a new dryer (not LG). They should fess up and recall the damn things before something really bad happens.
adbor44  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:47:28 AM(UTC)
adbor44

I was having similar symptoms and have finally solved my issue.

We noticed that clothes weren't drying as well as they use to...when using sensor dry they would come out slightly damp (just barely). Intermittently we would smell natural gas in the laundry room. After reading numerous forum posts, I decided to swap out the main control board because many people said changing the ignitor and gas valve didn't fix the problem. I thought that I had fixed the problem as we didn't smell gas for a few weeks.

Well, the problem did come back a few weeks later. I ordered a gas valve thinking that was the most likely culprit. The swap out that part I had to remove the drum which exposed everything in the dryer nicely. It turns out the exhaust tube had dislodged internally and a decent amount of lint was being blown inside the machine. Lint was everywhere.

The lint had built up inside the gas tube and must have caused turbulence in the gas flow which prevented it from lighting properly. I cleaned everything up, reconnected the exhaust tubing and taped it securely before putting everything back together. I didn't replace the gas valve as the original one ohmed out properly. The dryer has been working like new for several weeks now.

I hope this helps other with similar problems.
adbor44  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:56:01 AM(UTC)
adbor44

I was having similar symptoms and have finally solved my issue.

We noticed that clothes weren't drying as well as they use to...when using sensor dry they would come out slightly damp (just barely). Intermittently we would smell natural gas in the laundry room. After reading numerous forum posts, I decided to swap out the main control board because many people said changing the ignitor and gas valve didn't fix the problem. I thought that I had fixed the problem as we didn't smell gas for a few weeks.

Well, the problem did come back a few weeks later. Eventually the dryer stopped heating as the gas wouldn't ignite. I ordered a gas valve thinking that was the most likely culprit. The swap out that part I had to remove the drum which exposed everything in the dryer nicely. It turns out the exhaust tube had dislodged internally and a decent amount of lint was being blown inside the machine. Lint was everywhere.

The lint had built up inside the gas tube and must have caused turbulence in the gas flow which prevented it from lighting properly. I cleaned everything up, reconnected the exhaust tubing and taped it securely before putting everything back together. I didn't replace the gas valve as the original one ohmed out properly. The dryer has been working like new for several weeks now.

I hope this helps other with similar problems.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply