Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yfegade  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:16:20 AM(UTC)
yfegade

Groups: Registered

Hi,

When I start the microwave, the timer countdown starts, I hear few clicks but the turn table does not rotate and microwave does not start (no humming, no heat).

It seems that either the primary/secondary interlock switch or the monitor switch is bad. I suspect it's the monitor switch because when I check the connectivity between the two ends of the monitor switch, it always shows 0 ohms regardless if the door is closed or not. The GE manual says that I have to remove one connector from this switch to check the connectivity, but I don't understand why removing one connector would make any difference (would the monitor switch always show 0 ohms when both connectors are attached?).

Anyways, I tried to remove one connector, but it seems to be stuck. With normal pulling/wiggling I can remove any connectors. I was afraid if I pull hard it would break something and I will have bigger mess.

I wonder, if there is a trick to remove those connectors from the switch.
How do I remove the switch to replace with the new one (Do I have to remove board latch in order to replace the switch)?

I was thinking while the microwave is already open, I might as well replace all 3 switches (if one has gone bad, other two are probably on their way too).

Connectors on the primary interlock switch are hard to remove as well (any trick to remove those).

Appreciate any help. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.