Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
detill@bellsouth.net  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 5:43:02 AM(UTC)
detill@bellsouth.net

Groups: Registered

I am looking to purchase a used Amana ACF3355AW gas range that I am pretty sure is on NG and I need to convert it to LP. I'm not sure of the age but it looks to be in very good condition. I found the Owners Manual and Installation Manual on the internet but I can't find the LP conversion info. The IM says "Range is shipped to be connected to natural gas only. To convert to LP/Propane, refer to the conversion instructions supplied with range." The owner has none of this info or parts, jets, etc. Can these be purchased or would I be better off trying to find a stove/range already set up for propane?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 7:52:34 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Amana ACF3355AW / PACF3355AW0 Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachments for the tech sheet and service manual.

The manual has the conversion info.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
detill@bellsouth.net  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:15:17 AM(UTC)
detill@bellsouth.net

Thanks very much for your reply and the info. It looks like the SM has the conversion info I needed and the TI has some very useful information for additional trouble shooting if needed. It looks like it's just a matter of reversing the LP/NG insert in the pressure regulator then re-adjusting the orifice hood and adjusting the burners air shutter.

I noticed that many of the parts for the pressure regulator and burner control are no longer available from the APP web site. Do you have any input on getting parts elsewhere should I damage something in the conversion process or longevity of this stove and/or it's parts? The old pilot light type stove & oven I am replacing still works but the doors are wore out from years of use and the pilot lights leak gas if they are not lit as well as constantly using gas when they are lit.
denman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:40:55 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]Do you have any input on getting parts elsewhere should I damage something in the conversion process or longevity of this stove and/or it's parts?[/COLOR]
Sorry but I do not have an alternate source.
If you can find the manufacturers part number (usually AppliancePartsPros does show this on the part's page) then use that number to search the web.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
detill@bellsouth.net  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:33:15 AM(UTC)
detill@bellsouth.net

Many thanks for your response and insight. You folks at APP have helped me out several times with parts, advice and info.