Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jettoblack  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 7:10:30 PM(UTC)
jettoblack

Groups: Registered

The first 30 minutes of the cycle go fine with not even a drip. Then as a normal part of the cycle the motors go quiet for a few seconds, and during this quiet time, a big gush of water shoots out the bottom, near the front. Then the gush stops, the motors kick back in and there is no leak during the next "noisy" part of the cycle. Once it gets to the next quiet part, another big gush comes out the same spot. It appears to be either at the interface of the bottom of the door and the tub, or something close to the front of the tub. It also appears to leak from left of center, the opposite side from the float switch.

I confirmed that it definitely is not coming from the fill or drain hoses or their connection points.

Again, it only happens after about 30 minutes into the cycle and it doesn't happen on every run. I already replaced the door gasket and ensured it's a good seal all around the top and both sides (the gasket does not go around the bottom of the door).

If the problem was a leak between the bottom of the door and the tub, I'd think it would happen any time there was water in the tub, not just at these quiet parts of the cycle, no?

I'm going crazy... any ideas? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 2:59:59 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Kenmore Dishwasher 66516032402 - AppliancePartsPros.com

If you go to the Sears parts site they have part breakdown diagrams.
Unfortunately they do not share tese with other parts vendors.

The only ting I can think of is that there is too much water in the unit.
The level is OK as long as the pump is spraying alot of it around but once the pump stops it all settles at the bottom of the dishwasher and it is overfilled.

I can think of two things that could cause this.

1. There is a problem with the drain. Check that after a drain cycle during the wash cycle that the tub is empty. There is a bit of a problem with this in that the overfill switch should stop the unit from overfilling the tub.

2. That the water valve is not closing fast enough so it is overfilling the unit.
This is the one that I think is most likely. You could measure/monitor the voltage across the valve (120 volts) if the voltage drops to 0 and the water keeps running for a while then I would replace the valve.

There also the possibility that the control board is activating the water valve for too long. I think this is unlikely but then anything is possible.

One thing to check is that the dishwasher is level (front to back and side to side).

This is a weird problem so with luck others may have a possible cause.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jettoblack  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:05:55 PM(UTC)
jettoblack

Groups: Registered

Thank you for the reply.

Now I think it is caused by overfilling. Today I was able to open the door right at the time when the leak happens and noticed the water level was higher than normal. But it does not happen always, sometimes a cycle will fully complete with no leaks, and when it does leak, it usually is later in the cycle after several normal fills & drains.

Any idea what would cause intermittent overfilling? Maybe it indicates a problem with the float valve and/or the fill switch?
denman  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 1:55:46 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]Any idea what would cause intermittent overfilling?[/COLOR]
I would replace the water valve as it is the most likely cause.

[COLOR="Blue"]Maybe it indicates a problem with the float valve and/or the fill switch?[/COLOR]
I do not think so because these are a safety device and if the unit is working correctly do nothing.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!