Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
65skyturbo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:46:16 PM(UTC)
65skyturbo

Groups: Registered

Just came home from work and found that my dishwasher quit. It worked fine yesterday. I turned it on before leaving and came home to dirty dishes. Played around with it for a few minutes and figured out that it fills with water and it will drain the water but it does not spray any water. Is the impeller belt driven? I've never worked on a dishwasher before but I have over 20 years of mechanical and electrical experience so I know that I could repair it with a little guidance. What should I be looking for? Any common failure parts with this model that would cause this issue? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dscarter1  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:36:32 PM(UTC)
dscarter1

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: 65skyturbo Go to Quoted Post
Just came home from work and found that my dishwasher quit. It worked fine yesterday. I turned it on before leaving and came home to dirty dishes. Played around with it for a few minutes and figured out that it fills with water and it will drain the water but it does not spray any water. Is the impeller belt driven? I've never worked on a dishwasher before but I have over 20 years of mechanical and electrical experience so I know that I could repair it with a little guidance. What should I be looking for? Any common failure parts with this model that would cause this issue? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

You say that it will fill and drain...but when it's in the middle of doing that, does it just sit at idle for the time period that it should be running / Circulating? or does it immediately go to draining?

A. if it's draining immediately, there is some sort of electrical issue vs mechanical. Could be a faulty fill switch or flood sensor.

B. if it fills up and then just sits like it's waiting for something to do, it could be a bad board or a bad motor. My bet is that it's a bad motor. Good news is that this is common and a fairly easy fix with you 20 yr background. Best way to find out is if you get voltage at the motor ( larger of the two in the bottom of the unit. I'd recommend removing the entire unit to a garage and have it ready to test with a hose and hot wired up., can then test of 120 vts at the motor. If you don't have voltage there, then you have a bad control board. Usually the motor will hum/ buzz or sometimes do nothing, but you can feel it trying to engage in most cases. Voltage tells the whole truth though.