Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mich steg  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 6:05:02 AM(UTC)
mich steg

Groups: Registered

Freezing temperatures in the refridgerator section, unit keeps running. So far the cold control has been replaced twice, APP thinking the first might be defective. APP sales tech help has been great, but the problem persists.

What else could it be??

Any advice/solution would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly,

Michael
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jon.wilob  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 7:36:00 PM(UTC)
jon.wilob

Make sure your damper in the cold food storage section isn't sticking. Very common problem as it is a mechanical mechanism.
mich steg  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 4:31:11 AM(UTC)
mich steg

hi jon, thanks for the advice. not sure about the mechanical mechanism damper you mentioned. the damper seems to be just a dial that increases or reduces the amount of air flow from the fan that flows into the freezer compartment. i have turned it in both directions and it doesn't seem to make a difference. besides, wouldn't the cold control tell the unit when its too cold? there is just an air deflector and cover which separate the freezer from the fresh food compartment with the capillary tube that is in another tube inside the air deflector. all of which appear undamaged.

thank you

best
michael
jon.wilob  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 8:04:43 PM(UTC)
jon.wilob

OK then your's is different than mine. My damper is controlled by a sensor that operates the flap that opens and closes upon demand to maintain the cold food storage temperature that originates from the freezer section.