Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CarolynE  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:46:28 PM(UTC)
CarolynE

Groups: Registered

My start light started blinking/flashing. Pressed the buttons to reset/run diagnostic. All lights lit up, then just the Normal and Rinse lights alternately lit up about 3 times each, then the sound of the pump and then stopped with no lights on. Do these particular lights mean anything? I don't know.

I run a Rinse cycle that seemed to work, but when I tried to run a Normal wash cycle it stopped somewhere along the line and the start/resume light was blinking.

Performed the reset again and the same thing happened above. I ran the rinse cycle to test and tried to open the door to "catch" what was or wasn't happening. The bottom spray arms were spinning, but not the middle or top. I am not sure if they all are supposed to move during rinse though.

(I've replaced motherboard, plastic panel with buttons about 2 years ago and at that time I checked continuity on all things even the sensors, heat element door switch...all fine)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

CarolynE  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:16:19 PM(UTC)
CarolynE

Groups: Registered

I was sad that I received zero replies to this inquiry. Persevering to find an answer I wanted to provide an update so as to help any one in the future who may run into similar problems.

As stated above, issue was no draining and cancel light blinking 7 times. I could cancel and it would drain. Somewhere on the web I discovered that the 7 blinking lights meant it had to do with the heat of the water therefore narrowing the parts involved. For me it happened to be a shorted and melted wire connected to the heating element, thereby shorting out the element. I had to slide out the dishwasher far enough to access, cut in new wire, attach a new connector, new heating element and new dishwasher nuts. Fixed. It could have been the thermal high heat sensor thingy or fuse or heating element if I'm remembering correctly. The heating element was obvious, but it did test the other components and they were fine. Hope this helps someone in the future.