Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ghosthouse  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:24:50 PM(UTC)
ghosthouse

Groups: Registered

Middle spray are doesn't turn at all.
Nothing is plugged up, and it spins freely with just a slight push.
Its just not getting water. I read there is a timer or relay thingy that allows cycling between the bottom and middle spray arms so that only one works at a time. (presumably to save water) well, only the bottom one turns so I think that component is defective
needless to say the dishes in the top rack don't get clean at all.
Any ideas??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

CarolynE  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:12:22 PM(UTC)
CarolynE

Groups: Registered

I have a kitchenaid that this happened too several months back. For me, I had to undo the mesh screen and the food chopper cover and totally clean and wash/degrease those areas out. While I was at it I replaced the food chopper disc thing. I also took the arms out and cleaned with super hot water. It is pretty easy so long as you have that star type screw driver, patience and time. There are videos too to help you. Maybe give this a try and see what happens? You can try to just clean and not replace the food chopper. I did mine because I happened to order with lots of other little parts at the time and it was about ten years old and I use my dishwasher every day. Good luck.