Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nerva  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 10:39:34 AM(UTC)
Nerva

Groups: Registered

I bought the refrigerator new in 2012 and haven't had problems with it until this. It was moved to a new house in 2014, where the water pressure to the refrigerator is quite low, making it impractical to fill large containers with water, but the ice maker seemed unaffected and made plenty of ice. I drink a lot of ice water, so the ice maker was running every day, much of the day, but it kept up. Then a month or so ago the ice maker was getting very heavy use filling pitchers for icewater (the water just came from the sink faucet, not from the refrigerator's water dispenser). And then poof, the ice maker stopped making ice. I tried pushing the reset button (which makes a chime after 3 seconds) and giving it a day, but still no ice -- I repeated this a few days with no luck. This week I pulled out the ice maker, shook a few stray cubes out of it, and thoroughly dried it with a hairdryer. Put it back in, pushed the reset button, still no ice days later.

My girlfriend pointed out to me that she noticed the refrigerator making a faint "owl hooting" sound from the icemaker side of the refrigerator, around the same day it stopped working. It continues to make the sound.

The bottom freezer, drink drawer, and top refrigerator seem to be working fine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.