Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fsuedonkey  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 6:09:36 AM(UTC)
fsuedonkey

Groups: Registered

My Inglis washer started banging on spin cycle a couple of months ago and I took it out of commission but was in no hurry because I had a spare. Well the spare is having issues so time to fix this one. I am an extreme novice to appliance repair, but am an expert googler and follow instructions well.

The banging occurs only on spin cycle. All other cycles work normally. The amt of load does not effect banging, it does so loudly and on all settings with all load sizes. I have checked the leveling and it was just fine. I took the case off and checked the springs and counter balance which all look fine.

Now where to go? Do I need to take the tub off to look at the triangle supports or is there a less invasive step?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 8:08:37 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

The first thing you will need to check is the drive block. If it is bad, the unit will make a banging noise during the spin cycle. You can remove the agitator to inspect the drive block. If it is good, then check the clutch and the transmission in the unit. Part number: AP2905773
fsuedonkey  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 11:00:36 AM(UTC)
fsuedonkey

Thanks for the help Jeff. Any suggestions on where to find a spanner wrench? I found one online that I could order, but looked at lowes/home depot/ace and can't find one.
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 11:01:56 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

The spanner will need to be ordered online. Usually local stores do not carry them. Part number: AP4503397
fsuedonkey  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2015 5:17:12 PM(UTC)
fsuedonkey

So how can you tell if drive block needs replaced. I don't see any obvious cracks in it.... do I move on to the clutch?
Jeff / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 4:36:01 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

There is 2 tabs on the top of the spin tube that goes into the drive block. You will see shavings and the top of the drive block stripped out if the drive block is bad.
fsuedonkey  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:02:05 AM(UTC)
fsuedonkey

Okay so drive block didn't really look bad but I went ahead and changed it out. Looking at the clutch now and I don't see any wear on it either..... should I just put it back together and road test it?
Jeff / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:07:31 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

If the clutch is good, I would try it and see if the noise is still there. Also, make sure the liquid is still in the balance ring on the top of the inner basket. You can check the Teflon pad on the floater plate and see if one is broke or bad.
fsuedonkey  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 2:47:16 AM(UTC)
fsuedonkey

So I put it all back together and the banging is gone. It is walking around a little bit but nothing like it was. I consider it a success. Thanks Jeff!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply