Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JMJinNC  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2015 8:01:18 AM(UTC)
JMJinNC

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher just started displaying "PF" (power failure) and "EE" (??) codes when not in operation - mainly after opening the door or just sitting. I have already checked and reset the main breaker.

Operated okay for a day until last night when it went through rinse cycle but stopped prior to dispensing detergent. Displayed "PF" and was stopped.

When attempting to restart cycle, it sounded like a pump was trying to start but was not turning.

I remover bottom spray arm and screen, bailed out water and manually turned the impeller, then reassembled. I changed the cycle from ECON to Speed-Clean and the dishwasher completed the cycle successfully. The bottom impeller (recirculating pump?) has always been noisy.

So, I'm assuming it is the main controller board and/or the display board. Should probably replace the recirculating pump as well. Parts are about $355, or more than 1/2 of the cost of replacing this 9-year old machine with a similar new one

Thoughts?

JMJ
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.