Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjkirk12  
#61 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2015 8:36:29 PM(UTC)
mjkirk12

Groups: Registered

The new pressure sensor arrived from DigiKey. I installed it and did calibration. I then ran rinse cycle with low water level (Load Size = Small) and highest level (Load Size = Super). Small filled just above the wash vanes as expected and Super filled about 3 cm from top of basket (as expected). I also tried the Auto Load Size setting with a few towels - fill level was correct as well (same as Small).

So I can confirm for my Maytag Bravos washer - the MPVZ4006GW7U part is the correct replacement part, not the MPVZ5010GW7U.

Cheers, Mike
ajd67  
#62 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 11:19:55 AM(UTC)
ajd67

Curtville,

Replacing the pressure sensor fixed my washer, too! Thanks for saving me the expense of a new controller board.
daddymikey1975  
#63 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2015 1:20:25 PM(UTC)
daddymikey1975

After reading through this whole thread, I'm wondering if I need to replace the sensor or control board at all. My washer starts the wash cycle with a spray of water as the basket spins slowly, then after a couple seconds, I hear a higher pitched noise (almost a squeal, but not quite like a belt squealing). This 'squeal' happens for a few seconds, and I get the F1 error. I'm wondering if there's a problem with the fill valve that's not passing enough water into the tub for the controller to sense the water level correctly ?

Any ideas ? What noise does everyone's washer make after the initial few seconds of water spraying, but right before the F1 error happens ?

Thanks for any help.
mjkirk12  
#64 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2015 9:18:35 AM(UTC)
mjkirk12

My washer is working fine, but I always get a squeal as it fills - more with the hot water than cold. I tried cleaning the intake screens, but that did not help. I think is just how the water intake assembly works - has a high frequency oscillation as the water flows in under pressure.

In the final stage of my F1 problem, my washer would do what you are seeing. It started to fill, then abruptly stopped with F1 code. A bad pressure sensor could give random or "out of range" readings with an empty wash tub. The controller will likely trigger a F1 fault if the expected level is out of range.

Check that the pressure hose from tub to sensor is not blocked or pinched along the path.

For the squeal, also check - water spigots are open fully, no blockage of screens on water intake.

Good luck. My washer has been working fine with the new pressure sensor (since March 2015).
daddymikey1975  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 3:29:14 PM(UTC)
daddymikey1975

Originally Posted by: mjkirk12 Go to Quoted Post
My washer is working fine, but I always get a squeal as it fills - more with the hot water than cold. I tried cleaning the intake screens, but that did not help. I think is just how the water intake assembly works - has a high frequency oscillation as the water flows in under pressure.

In the final stage of my F1 problem, my washer would do what you are seeing. It started to fill, then abruptly stopped with F1 code. A bad pressure sensor could give random or "out of range" readings with an empty wash tub. The controller will likely trigger a F1 fault if the expected level is out of range.

Check that the pressure hose from tub to sensor is not blocked or pinched along the path.

For the squeal, also check - water spigots are open fully, no blockage of screens on water intake.

Good luck. My washer has been working fine with the new pressure sensor (since March 2015).

I think I have a similar issue as you had with the pressure sensor. I ordered and installed MPVZ5010GW7U-ND. Performed calibration for zero (after making sure the clear tube was clear). I ran the washer empty (to verify operation) and it filled the tub 2/3 of the way with water. I thought this seemed odd, so after it completed a cycle, I tossed 2/3 of a hamper of clothes into it and ran it. It still filled to 2/3 full Seems as if it's way too much water.

I have not measured the basket depth yet (going downstairs to do that now) and my washer is a 6600SW2 if that matters. I do not have a selection for load size as it's always 'auto sensing' I believe. Do you believe I need to get the same sensor you installed instead of the one I used ?

Thanks for the help. :)

ETA: I measured the basket depth. On one side, the basket (not the tub) is about 15.25" from the bottom (one side) of the basket (lowest part) to the lowest part of the top ring. Which sensor do you folks recommend I install ?

Thanks again for the help.
mjkirk12  
#66 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 3:17:36 PM(UTC)
mjkirk12

@daddymikey1975:

That does seem strange, 2/3 full. Maybe the hose seal is not airtight where it attaches to the pressure sensor (top) or tub (bottom)? I used zip-ties at each end of the hose to ensure it is sealed. Do you still get the F1 code (or any other codes)?

I have Maytag Bravos model MTW6300 and my measured basket depth is about the same as yours - 15.5 inches. So maybe try the sensor: MPVZ4006GW7U I used instead of the 5010.

Good luck. :)

-Mike

P.S. My washer still works great since the sensor replacement.
MaggieM  
#67 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 8:14:08 AM(UTC)
MaggieM

Hey Curtville,

Would you please confirm your washer's manufacturer and model number? I have a Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SW0. I would like to try replacing the sender on the board like you did but don't want to run afoul with a flooded floor like a subsequent poster did. Just trying to determine the optimal sender to get from Digi-key. Thank you for your detailed post!
MaggieM  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 8:46:22 AM(UTC)
MaggieM

I think you are onto something here Mike. The data sheet says your preferred sender has a range of "0 to 6 kPa (0 to 612 mm H20)". Our baskets are all about the same depth: ~15.5" which equates to just under 400 mm. So the MPVZ4006G sender seems to be a pretty good fit. Another potential sender would be the MPVZ5004G, which is a 0 to 400 mm sender. But I think I'll opt for Mike's version. The basket has to float off the spline to agitate so that indicates there is more water present in the tub than you would determine just by measuring the basket depth by itself. Good luck, everyone!
mjkirk12  
#69 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 11:29:10 AM(UTC)
mjkirk12

Just an update - washer still works fine with the new pressure sensor.