Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aumegrad  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:18:21 AM(UTC)
aumegrad

Groups: Registered

I just installed a GE PDT750SSFSS dishwasher and discovered a leak during the start of the first cycle. The leak seems to be coming from the left side wall of the unit, running down the OE black tube that connects the water inlet junction at the bottom and the left side jet(s). The leak stops once the tub is filled and the jets are activated. Unfortunately, the electrical cable isn't quite long enough to pull the unit from the counter and pinpoint the leak during a cycle. I tried several more cycles and the leak occured 3 of the 5 times. The next available GE warrantable repair is a week away, thus I would just assume fix it if I can.

Anyone happen to have any thoughts here? I would appreciate any insight.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sosrepairsTO  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:29:22 AM(UTC)
sosrepairsTO

Did you install it yourself? Installing a dishwasher takes a considerable amount of expertise and I would recommend hiring a professional to take care of it for you. Feel free to contact SOS Appliance Repair or VIKING Appliance Repair for advice on finding a licensed technician to help you with your problem.
aumegrad  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:56:37 AM(UTC)
aumegrad

Thanks for the reply SOS. I did in fact install the dishwasher, fairly straight forward. All connections I made were sealed properly as the leak is occurring away from them.

I have an Authorized GE Warranty Tech coming to investigate later next week, was just hoping I could diagnose and potentially repair ahead of time before my wife puts me in a headlock :D
sosrepairsTO  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 11:41:43 AM(UTC)
sosrepairsTO

It sounds like there's a possibility that your dishwasher has some sort of internal defect. Make sure to let the Authorized Tech disassemble the unit, you don't want to risk voiding your warranty. Good luck!
aumegrad  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:02:49 PM(UTC)
aumegrad

Thanks SOS, mfg'r defect is what I assume as well. Just wanted to throw the question out to see if it had been encountered and if there was a simple "fix". Or if my naivety could have played a role? I don't intend to perform any major changes ... other than put my foot through the door :mad:
aumegrad  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:33:00 PM(UTC)
aumegrad

Quick update, verified leak is coming from the side inlet funnel. Guess I will have to wait it out for GE's expedient service providers :mad:
aumegrad  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 4:32:49 AM(UTC)
aumegrad

FIXED: I disassembled the inlet funnel to find that the O-ring was not properly seated. After correctly seating the ring and reinstalling, the leak stopped. Tis a shame it wasn't discovered during GE's test cycles before shipping out.:rolleyes:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply