Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gaspower  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 8:17:21 AM(UTC)
gaspower

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I have a Viking dual oven.The large oven portion, I am having issue with the heating of it. No matter if I have on bake, broil or any of the other setting, the elements only get lukewarm. I have replaced the lower element, same issue. Any ideas? The smaller oven works fine.

Thanks JR
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 9:07:55 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello gaspower. This is usually caused by a voltage issue. You will need to check and make sure there is 240 volts coming to the unit. If not, then that is the reason the large oven does not work properly. You can test this with a multi-meter AP3873826. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. http://forum.appliancepartspros...continuity-ohmmeter.html
gaspower  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 9:36:49 AM(UTC)
gaspower

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the fast reply. Just a question, if it was a voltage issue, would the smaller oven on the left not work also? It seems to working fine?

Thanks JR
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:28:50 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

What we are looking for is 240 volts to the right side oven. If it is not there, then the control for the right side may be bad. Also, check all wiring for the right side oven.
gaspower  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:44:18 AM(UTC)
gaspower

Hello Jeff,

Thanks, I will check voltage at the outlet. Can you please let me know where to measure on the stove. I do not have diagram for this unit.

Thanks JR
Jeff / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:54:57 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

The outlet should be fine with the small oven working. You will check the bake element on the large oven where the wires attach to the element. This is a live voltage test so be careful. You will need to have the oven turned on and test for power at the element.
gaspower  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:55:51 AM(UTC)
gaspower

Hello Jeff,

Thanks again for the help. I tested the voltage at the elements, small oven side 120V at the spade connector. The large oven, only 24V to the spades?

Is the pictured board bad?

UserPostedImage

Thanks JR
Jeff / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 11:07:57 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Based on the testing I would say you found the issue. You have a bad board on the unit.
gaspower  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:58:04 PM(UTC)
gaspower

Hello,

I replaced that board which sits right behind the element on the back of the unit. It is part PE074148. I still only get 24V to the element? Shouldn't this be the only part controlling power to the element?

Thanks JR
Jeff / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 4:47:32 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

You have a relay 1, and a high limit inline with L1 on the unit. Then it goes to the thermostat, from there to another relay 3, then to relay 2, and last to the board. So there are a total of 3 relays, a high limit, a thermostat, and a board on the bake circuit. Not to mention, you also have temp sensors to factor in.

Here is the break down for you: Selector Bake position closes Switches 1-L2, 2-N, and 3-E. The Thermostat closes Switches Cy1-Cy2, which cycles with the oven temperature powering Relay 1 and the Oven cycle light. When Relay 1 closes, it powers the Bake Element (208 – 240). Both the Inner and Outer Broil Elements are in series across a 120v circuit.

On convection bake, Selector Convection Bake position closes Switches 1-L2, 2-N, 3-E, and 6-1. 6-1 powers the Convection Fan through L-1 at 120v. The Thermostat closes Switches Cy1-Cy2, which cycles with the oven temperature powering Relay 1 and the Oven Cycle Light. When Relay 1 closes, it powers the Bake Element. (208 – 240). Both the Inner and Outer Broil Elements are in series across a 120v circuit.