Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kris.brashears  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:56:22 PM(UTC)
kris.brashears

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For those of you getting an oE error on the Samsung Dishwasher check the Brake ASSY FIRST. This will save you time and money. We contacted Samsung and they were of no help at all to us :mad: . We only had the dishwasher 6 months (a bit ridiculous if you ask me) :o . We finally contacted Appliance Part Pro and the customer service rep was amazing. :D She did everything she could to help out and even sent me the information I needed.

So on the oE error code (over water sensor error) The case brake assy on the left side of the dishwasher is filling up. This is the only thing you need to purchase and replace. It is super easy to replace. It took me less than 5 mins to replace it. Make sure you have a towel under the machine and sticking out a bit. Also you may need a small bowl to catch the water coming out of the line. You will also need some paper towels to catch the water from in the bottom part of the dishwasher. Then all you need is a phillips screwdriver and pliers. Unscrew the silver holder on the side, you will need to unscrew the case brake assy from the inside of the dishwasher (it's a grey filter looking piece on the inside), take the pliers and squeeze together the clamps on the water lines (this is where you want to be careful and not soak the dishwasher, or you will have to wait till it dries out). :eek: There are 4 lines (2 large at the back of the case brake assy, one going straight down toward the front and one coming in the back of the case brake assy at the front of the dishwasher). There are 2 plug-ins you need to be careful with. Unplug them by pushing the buttons down. This is where you will need paper towels and make sure everything is dry. then replace the new one (do not forget the rubber washer, as this will cause leakage). Once together and you are sure the clamps are good start the washer. You should be in business!! Hope this helps. Good luck. :)
File Attachment(s):
ASC20141007001.pdf (244kb) downloaded 208 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked kris.brashears for this useful post.
scoop302 on 4/4/2022(UTC)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

wsippola  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2015 6:56:42 AM(UTC)
wsippola

Thanks for the repair. I have a Samsung DW80F800 and after about a year, it started giving an oE code. I found the code went away if the sensor on the bottom of the Case Brake was disconnected. I found the sensor probes were showing about 250K ohms instead of showing open.

I poured some acetone into the sensor entry port and filled it until it was coming out of the sensor wire area. Swished it around for a couple minutes, drained and rinsed with water. The sensor then showed open on the ohmmeter and now the oE code is gone. Just did it this morning, so we'll see how long this will work, but I see no reason why it shouldn't.

I would assume the sensor probes and Brake had some kind of buildup allowing some conduction, which the washer took as a high water level. Rinsing with water didn't work, but I'm sure there are other cleaning fluids besides acetone that would work.

Wayne
esuohe  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 11:36:55 AM(UTC)
esuohe

With regard to this point:

Quote:
"you will need to unscrew the case brake assy from the inside of the dishwasher (it's a grey filter looking piece on the inside)"

Did you need to use a specific tool to unlock the brake assy from the inside? Mine is extremely tight, and I'm thinking there might be a glue/silicon of some sort binding it... I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance!
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 3:43:34 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I had intermittent EO errors but they were progressively becoming more frequent, until one day I could only run the dishwasher for about 1 minute before it would shut off every time. After trying several other fixes, I saw the previous post about someone cleaning the sensor with acetone. I decided to try a lazier approach to the same fix. I poured a lot of vinegar in the bottom of the dishwasher, and started a cycle, it only ran for a few seconds, but the pump sucked the vinegar through. I let it sit for about ten minutes, followed up with some water, and then tried to run the dishwasher. Instead of an OE error in the first minute, it ran for about 30 minutes and then OE error. After this I put a large bowl of vinegar on the bottom rack and ran a cycle (this is one way to clean a dishwasher, not my original idea) and the entire cycle completed. I ran a 2nd cycle with a bowl of vinegar again, and it also completed. Dishwasher now seems to be running fine. Kind of my bad for never cleaning the dishwasher I guess, but you may wish to try this easy fix.