Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gemwise  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2015 9:23:26 AM(UTC)
gemwise

Groups: Registered

I am having a problem with my washer. I am getting a loud vibrating noise when in the spin cycle. I also notice a severe current drain as it vibrates. The lights flicker. I have replaced the timer, capacitor and motor as well as the agitator cogs. The coupler is fine (replaced 9 month ago) [/URL] Here is a link to a YouTube video of the symptoms. [URL]http://youtu.be/K77H33LQcd0

I have attached a video showing my symptoms. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2015 12:16:40 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
That's the motor cutting on and off repeatedly. Need the model number of the washer so I can look at the wiring diagram.

Eric
gemwise  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2015 4:52:02 PM(UTC)
gemwise

I think the model number is LSQ9659PW3. I can't find it marked anywhere in the machine
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2015 5:29:35 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

If model number is correct, I think you need a new fabric selector (speed switch).

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...y-3956080-ap3175370.html

Eric
gemwise  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2015 10:08:16 AM(UTC)
gemwise

Thank you for your quick reply. I am going to try that switch and I will let you know if it works.

Thanks
gemwise  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:21:26 PM(UTC)
gemwise

I replace the fabric selecter switch to no avail. Same problem. Any thoughts.
fairbank56  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:02:18 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Well, it sure sounds like the motor cutting on/off to me but I can't be 100% sure without getting my hands on the machine myself. Regardless of what speed is selected, the motor always starts in high speed. When the motor gets up to speed the motor centrifugal switch engages and redirects power back up to the timer, then from the timer over to the speed switch and then back down to the proper motor winding. If power is lost somewhere along the line, the motor cuts off, it slows down, the centrifugal switch connects directly back to the high speed winding, the motor starts again and this process repeats. Since you have replaced the motor, timer and speed switch, the only thing left to cause this would be a wiring fault. Again, assuming this noise is in fact the motor cutting on and off. You would have to run the machine with the cabinet off and lid switch bypassed to determine if it's the motor cutting on and off. If you bought the speed switch from APP, it can be returned.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply