Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hydrophilia  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 8:25:35 AM(UTC)
Hydrophilia

Groups: Registered

After 5 minutes it stops dead. I can restart it immediately and run another 5 minutes before repeating. Small load or large load does not seem to matter, neither does cycle (timed, perm p, cool-down).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2009 1:20:33 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FSE747GES1 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Can only think of a couple things.
1. The door switch is opening. Check that the door latch is holding it closed properly. That the switch is just closing so with any vibration it opens.
Push the door switch in to different positions while trying to start the unit, when it starts that is the position that the switch trips. If all the way in the switch may be no good. Note do not run the dryer for any length of time with the door open or you will blow the thermal fuse.

2. The centrifugal switch on the motor is just making and opens with vibration.
Clean the motor.

This is a toughy as being able to restart it right away pretty well eliminates the motor's thermal protect. Also that it happens on all cycles pretty well eliminates the timer.

Hopefully someone else will jump in with more options.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Hydrophilia  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2009 7:36:00 AM(UTC)
Hydrophilia

OK, I've padded the strike area for the door switch (some adhesive foam pads should stick for an hour at least) to depress it further and am testing......

Dang: no change.
denman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 4:44:48 AM(UTC)
denman

Dang is an understatement.

I cannot find a decent wiring diagram for this thing anywhere so am at a loss for what to try next.

I did find an operators manual and it showed "2 way tumble action" but did not tell me how often the unit does this. Could be something is bad in this circuitry. I did notice that the board in the control panel which I assume is running the motor is obsolete.

Take a look in the control console perhaps there is a wiring diagram in there.

This may be one for an on site repairman.
If you decide to go that route, make sure they have the info on this or experience on this unit so they can repair it. Otherwise, they will come in take a wild guess, charge you around $100.00 and leave and you will be no further ahead.

Hopefully someone else will jump in with actual experience on this model.

Sorry I could not be more helpful.
Hydrophilia  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:18:13 AM(UTC)
Hydrophilia

Actually, you got me to say "aha!": since it is always a specific time before it quits, it almost certainly is the reversing action that has gone bad. A bit of searching and I found this on the web:

"Frigidaire built one of their contraptions, the standard Frigidaire/Westinghouse style dryer but with special idler pulley and reversing circuit board.

Sounds like you have a motor going out or the reversing circuit board could be causing the problem.

Here's the correct model# FSE747GES1"

So, any clue how to determine whether it is circuit board or motor (besides replacing one and seeing if that fixes it?)

Thanks
Hydrophilia  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:44:59 AM(UTC)
Hydrophilia

HA! I just pulled the circuit board free to better see the part number, then reset it. Now the dryer is working. So, "bad connection at circuit board" would be my current diagnosis. And if it goes again and fiddling doesn't work, I'll just pop in a new board.

Thanks for the help.
denman  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:49:37 AM(UTC)
denman

So, any clue how to determine whether it is circuit board or motor (besides replacing one and seeing if that fixes it?

Cannot really say which it would be without a wiring diagram I cannot even advise you as what to check to reduce the odds.

Personally I do not think it is worth trying plug and chug on this unit.
The motor is approximately $140 and it does not look like the board is available, at least that is what "Requires special attention" usually means.

If I could find a decent wiring diagram I might be able to figure out a way to get the unit to run in only one direction.

It is probably best to get a new dryer.
allwet  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 6:55:38 AM(UTC)
allwet

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
So, any clue how to determine whether it is circuit board or motor (besides replacing one and seeing if that fixes it?

Cannot really say which it would be without a wiring diagram I cannot even advise you as what to check to reduce the odds.

Personally I do not think it is worth trying plug and chug on this unit.
The motor is approximately $140 and it does not look like the board is available, at least that is what "Requires special attention" usually means.

If I could find a decent wiring diagram I might be able to figure out a way to get the unit to run in only one direction.

It is probably best to get a new dryer.

Hi denman, I know this is an old thread but I have a couple of questions if I may?

My dryer, a Frigidaire (FDEC847GES0) has a no start after reverse tumble, just after it pauses to go forward again.

I saw mention about the centrifugal switch in the motor and this could be the cause, is it easy to get at to clean? Because the more I think about this I think it has something to do with this area as our 'work around' is to manually move the drum by hand, close the door and the dryer will start... always in the forward direction.

I also see the reversing control board is available : AP2107012, but I am leaning towards a mechanical fault as opposed to electronic.

I have uploaded the circuit diagram to share.

Thanks!
File Attachment(s):
Dryer circuit diagram.pdf (1,796kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
denman  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:08:45 AM(UTC)
denman

I cannot find any info on the given model number.
Are you sure iy has a C in it.

The centrifugal switches are on the motor.
Part number: AP2107073
allwet  
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 12:55:48 PM(UTC)
allwet

Yes, the model type is correct, possibly because it is Canadian?

So is it possible to clean the centrifugal switches, I thought of this because you mentioned it earlier in the thread. I see the motor no longer available.

I figured it would be this or the relay on the control board. Thoughts?