Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wyohawk  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 7:48:54 PM(UTC)
wyohawk

Groups: Registered

I have just installed a new Whirlpool dishwasher and find that the door will not latch due to the "plate-latch strike" being bent down so that it is parallel to the closed door rather than perpendicular to the door in order to align with the latch mechanism in the door. Is this plate strike hinged some way that it can be re-positioned appropriately?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mjoreeni  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 6:20:47 AM(UTC)
mjoreeni

I have the EXACT SAME issue! Please let me know if you get any info on this. I can't even figure out how to get the strike out to try to bend it back!
wyohawk  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 3:25:21 PM(UTC)
wyohawk

I had a response from an appliance repair person who said it cannot be bent back in to alignment and to have it replaced. I decided what do I have to lose at this point. I slid the dishwasher out a few inches to where I could see the strike plate. With a pliers with a reach long enough to reach the bend, I gently bent the plate back up until it would align with the slot in the door. Presto, the door latches and is working as it should. It is a mystery as to how the plate was bent to begin with. I am a little concerned about it failing at some point but I live a long way from an appliance repairman.
mjoreeni  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 3:43:45 PM(UTC)
mjoreeni

Awesome! I ended up cutting a piece of sturdy foam and wedging it under the plate to raise it up and so far so good! We both saved a chunk of change! :) Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for answering my message.