Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thspimpolds  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 2:04:24 PM(UTC)
thspimpolds

Groups: Registered

We have the French Door Bottom Freezer GI6FDRXXY07 model. It has a ice maker up in the fridge section which dispenses into a door chute.

I took out the ice maker today (after finally getting around to it) and there was ice blocking the water funnel (it uses a fill tube out of the top dropping into this funnel). I cleaned out all that ice and checked the fill tube from inside and the top (via a access panel provided). That is all set.

The ice maker is cycling with the arm going up and down, but the water is not being dispensed into the tray. I went into diagnostics mode, and it showed OK for the thermistor.

We have water in the door and it exceeds the flow rate minimums Whirlpool published as a troubleshooting guide (dispenses nearly 2 cups of water in 20 seconds). We also replaced the filter (as the first troubleshooting step).

At this point I don't know what it wrong, the tech sheets aren't exactly helpful for a end-user leaving me guessing if any jumping on the ice maker would work. It did mention to jump T and H to initiate a fill, but I was unable to locate T and H.

I have no problem buying parts, but I just need guidance on which parts are most likely.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.