Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wuerth  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:15:34 PM(UTC)
Wuerth

Groups: Registered

My oven display shows E6 and F2 error codes and all the beeping, lacking of functioning, etc that goes along with that. I've read on other forums here that I should check the Control Panel and then the Control Board.....but can't figure out how to dis-assemble / access the Control Board and Panel. Can you wAlk me through that? Thanks - Bud
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TheDoctorsCompanion  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:03:22 AM(UTC)
TheDoctorsCompanion

Perhaps this diagram will help.

Parts for Whirlpool RBD275PRS00: Control Panel Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

It looks like you have to remove two screws from the bottom sides of the two faceplates which will give you access to the touchpad membrane. After that...?

You might find something helpful here:

How to Troubleshoot & Replace: Whirlpool AP5801413 / W10438750 Electronic Control Board

Read the user comments.

I'm just a new member trying to help, not affiliated with this site at all.
PotRoastMan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2015 6:03:06 AM(UTC)
PotRoastMan

I have similar oven and just removed the control board last night. On mine once I got the screws out, the internal wires were very short & tight. I could only get the thing an inch or so out. One by one I was able to unplug the wire connections inside, after each one disconnected I could get the board a little more pulled out. Eventually was able to reach my whole arm in and get the rest of them unplugged. It is not easy, you need small hands and arms if it is anything like mine! The other alternative is to pull it out of the wall and open up the housing to get better access.

It appears each connection is unique, like you can't plug things back in incorrectly. You might want to keep track though, i drew a little diagram and wrote the wire colors and locations of the plugs, in case I got mixed up when trying to put it back in.