Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
uttdawg  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:07:57 AM(UTC)
uttdawg

Groups: Registered

I have a stacked unit, Kenmore washer/dryer combo. The dryer works great, but unfortunately, the washer no longer engages in the spin cycle and doesn't drain the water. The wash cycle works fine, but when it comes to drain and then spin, no action takes place. There are no sounds, it just goes blank...Any thoughts on how I can diagnose/trouble shoot what's going on will be more than appreciated!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:01:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Very likely the problem is a bad lid switch. For more accurate advice and/or part numbers we need the complete model number of the washer.

Gene.
uttdawg  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:18:56 AM(UTC)
uttdawg

I have the Kenmore Laundry Center Model 94702 (found the Owner's Guide and corresponding documents I received when I bought it).

Is it possible that maybe it's just a sock in the pump or something like that? I'm not a master at appliances, but if the lid switch was faulty, how might that affect the washer from being able to agitate successfully and not drain (curious mind, just want to better understand how washing machines work in general).

thx!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:38:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If the washer is silent that means there is no power to the motor and power to the motor is coming through the lid switch, which is a safety device.

The model number you posted is incorrect or incomplete. Look for the name plate on the unit.

Gene.
katemd  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 8:30:43 AM(UTC)
katemd

Our washer is also occasionally doing this. Mine is a Kenmore Model# 41799570100, a stacked combo, at least 10 years old.

Had same problem, it will wash and agitate, but not spin or drain.
I was at a loss as to what to do, but several hours later the water had mostly drained (but didn't rinse or spin), and we were able to take the heavy towels to the neighbors house to rinse and spin.

I tested the machine and it did it again, and drained the next day. I tested another cycle and it was normal. I stopped usng the heavy cotton setting to wash, and have not had a repeat. But I am still weary of the washer- that one day it will stop again.

Now we are having the problem of dryer eating our clothes due to worn out glide/ felt. We are trying to replace those today. Hoping it works.

-Kate
ericjesso1  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:01:53 AM(UTC)
ericjesso1

Kenmore model 94702. stack/combo washer won't drain everything else works.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply