Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jes999  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 7:44:52 AM(UTC)
jes999

Groups: Registered

motor hums when it tries to start. the compasator is cold, motor is hot or very warm,starup switch is cold. If I help the motor to start it will spin and do it's thing but at the next stage in cycle I have to help it along again. I took it out and cleaned it with electric motor spray no help. Is it the motor for sure or is the compasator weak to start the motor. What should I be replaceing. I just put a new clutch in it and working fine. pump is also new.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kawfeeman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 8:00:51 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

if you have an analog volt meter, you can test the cap ... most of the time, the motor should be replaced ... how old is the washer as at some point after replacing the pump , clutch ( coupler ) , replacing the washer becomes more cost efficient...
jes999  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 8:24:39 AM(UTC)
jes999

Groups: Registered

There is no resistance through cap. Dose this mean its' bad? or should I be checking it a different way?
kawfeeman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 8:36:23 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

with an analog volt ohm meter, use a resistance setting as high as your meter allows... place leads on both terminals of the cap for @ 2 seconds or so, then reverse leads of your meter, if the needle jumps then your cap is good... ( you can also check each lead of the cap to the frame of the cap, as there should be no continuity from either lead to the housing of the cap.. ) dont forget, you have a start winding on your motor, you can determine from the wiring diagram which could be open or have too high a resistance value...