Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jorge Mac  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:22:49 AM(UTC)
Jorge Mac

Groups: Registered

My Lg it works good both sides (side by side style), It cools good, front control panel seems ok BUT it never stop working AND the frame of the ref. (where the door gaskets "connect" is always very hot.

Thanks in advance for your help !!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:44:10 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Check/clean the front kick plate and rear cover louvers.
Check/clean the condenser/compressor coils/
Check that the condenser/compressor fan is on and it's blades are clean. It should be on whenever the compressor is on.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Jorge Mac  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:14:46 AM(UTC)
Jorge Mac

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Check that the condenser/compressor fan is on and it's blades are clean. It should be on whenever the compressor is on.

I already cleaned the coils and front kick, fan was working but I notice a small squeaky noise like the fan was giving up like a month ago. It is a little difficult for me to get to the back of the ref, because it is in a build in cabinet and I have an Island in front; So I have to remove the right door to be able to get it out. Question (without compromising you), If you think there is a good possibility that my problem is the fan (because I already clean the coils and kick plate and that didn't solve the problem) I think I would like to buy the motor fan. You think with a clean coils, new fan, the refrigerator will work on and off (normal) and the heat on the frames won't be at all time.

Thanks for your help !!
Jorge Mac  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:16:28 AM(UTC)
Jorge Mac

I already cleaned the coils and front kick, fan was working but I notice a small squeaky noise like the fan was giving up like a month ago. It is a little difficult for me to get to the back of the ref, because it is in a build in cabinet and I have an Island in front; So I have to remove the right door to be able to get it out. Question (without compromising you), If you think there is a good possibility that my problem is the fan (because I already clean the coils and kick plate and that didn't solve the problem) I think I would like to buy the motor fan. You think with a clean coils, new fan, the refrigerator will work on and off (normal) and the heat on the frames won't be at all time.

Thanks for your help !!
denman  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:40:49 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]You think with a clean coils, new fan, the refrigerator will work on and off (normal) and the heat on the frames won't be at all time.[/COLOR]
Yes.
The hot frame is the clue here.
It is usually a symptom that there is not enough cooling of the condenser coils.
Please see the following
http://www.applianceaid.com/hea...nd-refrigerator-door.php

I am assuming that the door seals are all OK.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Jorge Mac  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:01:14 AM(UTC)
Jorge Mac

[COLOR="Blue"]You think with a clean coils, new fan, the refrigerator will work on and off (normal) and the heat on the frames won't be at all time.[/COLOR]
Yes.
The hot frame is the clue here.
It is usually a symptom that there is not enough cooling of the condenser coils.
Please see the following
http://www.applianceaid.com/hea...nd-refrigerator-door.php

I am assuming that the door seals are all OK.

I already order the fan motor from your company. I am very please with your knowledge and your service. Tks :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply