Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevmyers11  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 11:13:04 AM(UTC)
kevmyers11

Groups: Registered

I hope someone replies to this post, last post maybe too long & I need any usefull info. Freezer 40deg. fridg. hot, there is no ice build up anywhere, the fan & motor are currently on and they do cycle, the compressor is very warm but not hot, I did force fan & motor off and checked every copper tube, none of them are even warm. What else do I need to do? This unit has everyting up top and not sure if anything is different? Please give any helpfull tips. Thnks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kevmyers11  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 11:28:40 AM(UTC)
kevmyers11

Originally Posted by: kevmyers11 Go to Quoted Post
I hope someone replies to this post, last post maybe too long & I need any usefull info. Freezer 40deg. fridg. hot, there is no ice build up anywhere, the fan & motor are currently on and they do cycle, the compressor is very warm but not hot, I did force fan & motor off and checked every copper tube, none of them are even warm. What else do I need to do? This unit has everyting up top and not sure if anything is different? Please give any helpfull tips. Thnks.

Forgot to mention; wife hired plumber to repair broken water line to fridg, the current problem started 1 1/2 days after, could it be related? the water inlet is right next to the heater and coils, is it possible he broke something or???
richappy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 2:49:30 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the compressor is warm and vibrating, there is a refrigerant leak. Look for traces of compressor oil near the condensing coils.
kevmyers11  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:13:35 PM(UTC)
kevmyers11

Found 1 drop of oil it was on a relay, nothing on or around coils, compressor is warm but no vibration, it sounds like it was new.
richappy  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 1:03:39 AM(UTC)
richappy

Try a new start device on the side of the compressor, if it shakes when shook, it's bad.
kevmyers11  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:22:22 AM(UTC)
kevmyers11

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Try a new start device on the side of the compressor, if it shakes when shook, it's bad.

I hired a repairman, he took one look and told me a leak in sealed unit, did not want to repair it. My wife had different repairman out, tld her bad compressor, was going to replace it, I told him he had it wrong, (which he did), checked compressor again and it was good. then checked lines and confirmed leak. Paid $500+/- for repair. Worked perfect for 3-4 weeks, now freezer slightly warmer (15-20 degrees) fridg. way cold, not freezing though. Now for first time the main tube, (which is insulated), going to compressor from the large box above freezer has "ice" on it. Could not find any other ice up top. Did the repairman mess up something when he fixed leak and added freon? Or could something new have gone wrong? Maybe a timer or heater? Want to do my homework before I have him back out so he doesn't try to pull a fast one. Like replacing compressor when not the problem). any and all info suggestions more than appreciated. Thx.:eek:
richappy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:49:46 AM(UTC)
richappy

Seems like he didn't fix the leak. Also, if the original leak happened over a relatively short period of time, it was an evaporator leak which requires replacing the evaporator. Also, the compressor gets damaged by sucking in non-compressibles and now must be replaced.
Kai'Ma  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 2:32:43 AM(UTC)
Kai'Ma

What are non-compressible? How do find/detect freon leaks...