Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
benevans  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:58:10 PM(UTC)
benevans

Groups: Registered

My drain pump bracket busted, which made my drain fall off of my washer, which flooded my basement. I then purchased part DC98-01877B after reading that this was the part I needed since my old assembly had been discontinued because it was faulty. Now that I have the part, there are no instructions with it, and it doesn't match up with the old holes. I'm quite confused, but feel I can do this if someone gives me a push that has replaced one of these pumps with this new part. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

johnhi  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 2:16:19 PM(UTC)
johnhi

Iʻm having the same repair issue but Iʻm having a problem finding the Samsung upgrade kit in stock. Were you able to solve this? If so, did you install the purchased part.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by: benevans Go to Quoted Post
My drain pump bracket busted, which made my drain fall off of my washer, which flooded my basement. I then purchased part DC98-01877B after reading that this was the part I needed since my old assembly had been discontinued because it was faulty. Now that I have the part, there are no instructions with it, and it doesn't match up with the old holes. I'm quite confused, but feel I can do this if someone gives me a push that has replaced one of these pumps with this new part. Thanks.
kirm  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 11:23:12 AM(UTC)
kirm

Hey guys, I just joined to give you a heads up. This replacement pump doesn't go in the same place. Those clowns at Samsung showed everyone their engineering prowess by attaching the pump to the drum where it is slowly vibrated to death.

This kit is designed to fix that. It attaches in the lower left corner of the machine. According to others there should be two screw holes there where it can be attached...I haven't looked yet myself. Then you'll have to run the hoses and wires accordingly. I've been looking all over for even basic instructions and this is all I could find:

Samsung Drain Pump Relocation Kit

This may be a competitor's site so it may not show up. I apologize in advance to any mods but info on this install is very hard to find and people need it.

The pics are small anyhow and VERY general but they may help you. If you use common sense and work slowly you should be able to figure out this install.

Hope this helps.

Anyway, the most important thing I've learned this week is NEVER, EVER buy another Samsunk appliance.
kirm  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 5:19:50 PM(UTC)
kirm

OK, back again. I installed the kit. Wow! It took me a couple, three hours but I'm not an appliance repair tech.

That site I referenced isn't very general at all, IT'S PRECISELY WHAT YOU MUST DO. The pictures are too small but if you can magnify it and make sense of it, you can do the install. It doesn't go into detail at all but it may help you over some of the sticky parts.

Basically you remove the harness one point at a time and put the new harness in one point at a time. It worked pretty slick and that part took me about 1 hour. There are two harnesses. One is for washers made before December 9, 2012 and one is for washers made after that date. Mine was before so I got the "A" kit. After is the "B" kit. The only difference is the harness.

The pump? Guess what? Those chuckleheads at Samdung were expecting this failure as the mounting points for this kit are on the bottom of the black plastic tray. THEY'RE THERE ALREADY!!!! Look at the bottom left hand corner and you'll see where the two screw bosses exist in the black plastic base. Someone should hang those guys.

There is a third contact point and it's a bit tough to understand so I'll give you a heads-up. There is a gray, soft plastic contact block attached to the pump. This is fastened in the corner using the screw with the black washer. There are two holes in the gray block. On gets pressed onto a plastic pin that sticks up...it's in the meatiest part of the gray block. The other goes over a plastic boss and then you use the screw I mentioned earlier to fasten it. Samdung has all these doodads ready to go. At one point this was going to be the way to fasten the pump but it got changed in a sea of incompetence.

I really can't think of anything else you'll have extreme trouble with. Some of the steps are just fastening the pump motor wire down properly but it really isn't that important. BTW, the black and yellow wires can go on either post. That's what I've read on forums but it worked for me the first time I gave it a go so I never reversed the wires...therefore I believe it.

I hope this helps all of you who need help installing this kit. I don't know if I'll be back around for a while so I don't think I'll be able to answer any questions. Follow the steps in the link I provides and use your head and you will not have a problem. Good luck and may the force be with you.

Remember: Friends don't let friends buy Samdung appliances.
barreaud  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 2:38:16 PM(UTC)
barreaud

Thank you, thank you! The diagram, while not particularly detailed, was a life saver. Also, thanks to KIRM for the details of the third contact attachment on the pump. I couldn't figure out what in the world that screw went to. The only difficulty we've run into is figuring out how to run the yellow/black wires out of the pump back out to the body. Looks like there are plugs along the housing for it to wind around. Just a matter of figuring out the puzzle...
woodbeaver  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 1:08:51 PM(UTC)
woodbeaver

After much research, my daughters two year old washer is fixed. Retrofit pump kit $111.53 (w-tax) Went in easy. I lowered the washer onto its front onto an old sleeping bag. Took off the back (4 screws). I then removed the old pump, hoses & wire, taking care not to hurt the black and yellow wire or connectors. I installed the pump from above, in the (now upper right side corner) tightened top from above ,bottom from below. Hose kit replacement (a no-brainer) just install new hoses, clean off bottom flange below washer tub before installing drain hose. I pulled the two, (2) zip tie wire keepers from the base of the metal motor mount which gave me ample length to then rout to the new pump motor yellow and black wires. I removed only one zip tie keeper. I wrapped remaining wire in tape for abrasion resistance and reinstalled the wire keeper in the hole closest to the new pump. I then connected the black wire to the center blade location, and yellow to the outside position on the motor. Biggest trick...putting the protective cover on the darn thing. WOW Samsung should reimburse everyone for this change!!!
woodbeaver  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 1:13:37 PM(UTC)
woodbeaver

After much research, my daughters two year old washer is fixed. Retrofit pump kit $111.53 (w-tax) Went in easy. I lowered the washer onto its front onto an old sleeping bag. Took off the back (4 screws). I then removed the old pump, hoses & wire, taking care not to hurt the black and yellow wire or connectors. I installed the pump from above, in the (now upper right side corner) tightened top from above ,bottom from below. Rubber stabilizer mounts on a plastic stud in the corner and secured with screw and black washer. Hose kit replacement (a no-brainer) just install new hoses, clean off bottom flange below washer tub before installing drain hose. I pulled the two, (2) zip tie wire keepers from the base of the metal motor mount which gave me ample length to then rout to the new pump motor yellow and black wires. I removed only one zip tie keeper. I wrapped remaining wire in tape for abrasion resistance and reinstalled the wire keeper in the hole closest to the new pump. I then connected the black wire to the center blade location, and yellow to the outside position on the motor. Biggest trick...putting the protective cover on the darn thing. WOW Samsung should reimburse everyone for this change!!!
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2021 8:34:28 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: benevans Go to Quoted Post

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply