Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AlexDuke  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:08:19 PM(UTC)
AlexDuke

Groups: Registered

Good evening,

I have the above mentioned refrigerator/freezer. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that the water in the door was no longer flowing when you pushed the paddle in, I cleaned the filter out and replaced it with a new filter at which time the stream started working again, but never really got back to normal in that it seemed to have some air bubbles in the line. Then I noticed that the ice maker was no longer making ice either, I did some testing and it appeared that all the water lines were flowing as they should so I assumed it was the water valve solenoid had gone bad, I also brought the hair dryer in and unfroze all the ice in area below the tube. So I ordered the replacement part(water valve on rear lower of unit) as well as the by-pass filter since I am going to install a larger filter on the back of the unit in question.

After installation it doesn't appear that the valve was the answer either, so I took the ice maker completely out of the unit making sure there wasn't anything else frozen and thawed everything out, put it all back together and it still isn't working. I am currently at a loss, is there a constant pressure on the water line and a valve in the ice machine that opens up when water is needed to make ice, or does it request the water as needed and the lower valve opens up to supply? I am unsure what it could be, the front water dispenser is working perfectly with no air in the lines any longer. All said, when I took the IM supply tube off, to make sure there wasn't any debris in it, and put it back on, the water line looked as if it I spilt about 3" of water out of the line, a couple hours later it was full again(like it was ready to flow into the IM) so I would assume the valve is working correctly and it is either not allowing anything through, or the ice maker isn't requesting water.

Please help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.