Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coach1962  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 6:05:58 PM(UTC)
coach1962

Groups: Registered

We have a LG TROMM WM2688HWM steam washer that frequently (4 times in the past week) continues to run cold water through the soap dispenser during the final spin to the end of the cycle. If I pause, turn off, or unplug the washer during this time it continues to flow cold water through the dispenser. Only by shutting off the water at the wall, does it stop. I then turn on the washer, start the drain and spin cycle and turn on the cold side at the wall. This is the only way I know of to turn off and keep off the cold water. Also, the last two times, water has come out of a ~2" round white plug located at the top, center, back of the machine sometime after turning off the machine during this episode. I don't know what is causing the water to come out, but feel it's related to the cold side staying on. This problem has happened on a regular cycle and short (~30 minute) cycle. We use this machine every day, always use the minimum amount of HE detergent, dry the seal, empty and dry the soap dispenser, leave the door open after each load, and run the tub clean cycle every 30 days. We have had no problems until now. I feel this could be a cold water valve sticking open but I have not removed the top and looked in yet nor asked anyone about these symptoms yet. Any suggestions? Thank You in advance for any thoughts on how to proceed on the diagnosis and/or repair.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.