Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thorzdad  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:44:44 AM(UTC)
Thorzdad

Groups: Registered

Hi all.
I have a Kenmore Super Capacity Genius+ water softener (model 625.3485500) I have two issues...

1) The upper drain hose has developed a fairly steady slow drip. This drip occurs outside of it's recharge period.

2) It doesn't seem to use as much salt as it used to. In past years, the salt level in the tank always matched the estimated salt level on the control panel. Now, however, the control panel will indicate, for instance, salt level 3, but the salt in the tank will still be up around the 5 or 6 level. I've probed the salt for any bridges and found none. It's all salt. I haven't changed the hardness setting, either.

Some pertinent details...
-We are on a well. East-central Indiana water (hard and rusty)
-About a year ago, I had a Sears repairman out to check the softener (it didn't seem to be softening as well as it used to) He checked the rotary valve and I think he replaced an o-ring. At that time, he also took out the two small flow plugs from the nozzle assembly. He claimed that the plugs were more for city systems that had higher pressures than well systems.
-Also, about a year ago, I cleaned-out the salt tank.

Any suggestions as to what i should be looking at will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
(I wasn't sure where a water softener post would go. Mods, please feel free to move this to the appropriate forum)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 9:04:02 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry Jim. No experience with water softeners. Hopefully one of our volunteers might help.
bentwrench1999  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 1:53:24 PM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

Groups: Senior Expert

Go To Www3.sears.com And Look Up Your Model. You Will Need To Order The Seal Kit And Rotor. You'll Need Some Silicone Grease For The Rotor Bottom On Reassembley. (the Shaft On Top Of The Rotor Is Possibley Twisted, Throws The Timing Off) A New Seal Kit And Rotor Will Solve The Problem. The Silicone Grease Will Keep The Rotor From Dragging And Twisting. Good Luck:)
Thorzdad  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 4:02:22 AM(UTC)
Thorzdad

Thanks Bentwrench!
Unfortunately, the Sears database doesn't recognize my model number. It does, however, recognize the individual part numbers (from my owner's manual) for things like the rotor itself. You wouldn't happen to have the part number for the seal kit? My owner's manual doesn't have a "kit" listed. Just the individual parts (o rings, etc.)
bentwrench1999  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 5:52:53 PM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

OK..I hope this helps. Drop the last 0 on your model # for the sears site. (625.348550).
The seal kit # is 7129716 and the rotor is 7199232.
However, the price on the Rotor is really high. You should call Sears and ask if the Rotor is a repair kit, which may include the Seal kit. When I worked for Sears on their softeners, the rotor kit included MOST of the things you need to rebuild the valve assembley.Also, re-install the flow washers at the drain elbow. They are there for ALL water systems. They are needed for proper backwash, brine flow, and rinse.:) Let me know if all works out ok.. wrench
bentwrench1999  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 7:30:33 AM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

Hey Jim, just a quick note to see if you got your water softener back up and running. Let me know, Mike..aka wrench:)
atfab  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 6:36:03 AM(UTC)
atfab

When the softener starts to regenerate it starts for 2 seconds and error 3 appears on digital timer and unit stops in the cycle, I unplug unit for couple of seconds replug and unit goes into the regeneration mode and completes it's full cycle correctly,when unit needs to regerate again say in 4-5 days this happens again.
Any help or comments would be appreciated.
Thankyou, Paul.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply