Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cyberjones98  
#191 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 5:54:04 PM(UTC)
cyberjones98

Groups: Registered

Sorry for not getting back sooner, somehow I lost the email notifications.

Anyway, I was going to bend the spring back, but the post doesn't seem to fit nicely. I'm planning on seeing if there is a better way to get that part straight

The post comes up and fits into the notch, but it seems to be at an angle because of the bent spring.
cyberjones98  
#192 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:57:13 PM(UTC)
cyberjones98

I was able to straighten the spring better by use of a vise. After that the pin stood up better in the spring. I greased all the parts and tried to put the clutch back on - it took me three attempts again. This time I could tell it was not in place before running the washer by the tub able to spin in the CW position. I finally got it so the tub would only spin in the CCW direction (I almost gave up thinking something was wrong with the part). I have ran two washes through without any problems
thorning  
#193 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 4:37:58 AM(UTC)
thorning

This is a little off track to the Maytag but I have an opportunity to get an LG front load washer for free that is in need of repair due to a bearing problem. Does anyone have any experience on this brand of washer as to the difficulty in repairing it and the cost ? this unit looks to be in nice condition otherwise.
dh1200s  
#194 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 7:03:23 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: cyberjones98 Go to Quoted Post
I was able to straighten the spring better by use of a vise. After that the pin stood up better in the spring. I greased all the parts and tried to put the clutch back on - it took me three attempts again. This time I could tell it was not in place before running the washer by the tub able to spin in the CW position. I finally got it so the tub would only spin in the CCW direction (I almost gave up thinking something was wrong with the part). I have ran two washes through without any problems

Greg,

Yea improper mounting the Clutch Pulley with what I call the Spinner Shaft Coupler I shown holding it in this post http://forum.appliancepartspros...nbalance.html#post162489 1st pic. not seating properly in the Upper One-Way Bearing ring on your 1st gen Outer Tub would allow CW rotation of the wash basket in the wash/agitate cycle. I also feel the Clutch Pulley would spin off in the first spin cycle the machine went into.

From what you describe was is this the pin end of the Large Wrap SS spring end that was folded over on its self?

If so I believe that would happen if the Upper One-Way bearing ring failing to lock up in wash cycle (CW rotation of the Clutch Pulley). Just curious as to the fail point. My WAG is the Upper One-Way Bearing Ring slipping/failing to lock up in Wash Agitate/Clutch Pulley CW rotation. If it's the other end of the spring that slides back in forth in the Clutch Pulley Bearing plate then my thinking is wrong.

I have not had that failure of bending up the Large Wrap spring in the Clutch Pulley......Dick
dh1200s attached the following image(s):
Large Wrap SS Spring Clutch Pin.jpg
cyberjones98  
#195 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 6:51:01 PM(UTC)
cyberjones98

Hi Dick, hope you are doing well, the “pin” that came loose and was lodge into the spring, was the metal one, on the other end of the spring, not the white plastic one. If I worded it correctly that is, a better word would probably be “post”. And the spring bent right next to where the pin/post sits. After I straightened the spring using a vise, I crimped the pin/post in place with some pliers.

The attached pic shows the failing point.

Thanks again for the help! Greg
cyberjones98 attached the following image(s):
6-28-2014 7-34-15 PM.jpg
Musicitul  
#196 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 9:55:26 AM(UTC)
Musicitul

Somehow I am putting the clutch back together wrong! I get it reseated and bolted on and it locks up all rotation. I can't move the belt, and it wS moving fine when i disassembled everything. The spring looked good, I don't know what I could have going the wrong way. I should have taking more pictures as I disassembled so I wouldn't forget. I have the series 10.

It was quite rusty, so I am assuming tub leak for reading other post.

I would just like to get it out back together and don't know what has gone wrong...
cyberjones98  
#197 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:59:04 PM(UTC)
cyberjones98

Originally Posted by: Musicitul Go to Quoted Post
Somehow I am putting the clutch back together wrong! I get it reseated and bolted on and it locks up all rotation. I can't move the belt, and it wS moving fine when i disassembled everything. The spring looked good, I don't know what I could have going the wrong way. I should have taking more pictures as I disassembled so I wouldn't forget. I have the series 10.

It was quite rusty, so I am assuming tub leak for reading other post.

I would just like to get it out back together and don't know what has gone wrong...

Musicitul, I had the same thing happen to me. I couldn't see why it wasn't working, it worked with clutch off. I almost gave up and was getting very frustrated. It turns out that I didn't have the clutch seated correctly. I finally did get it though, after many attempts, it just took some time. Take the clutch off drum, and try to re-seat it again. It may look like it is on, but it has to set just right for things to line up.

If you are seeing the rust, then the tub seal might be bad. I have the same issue with the rust, but have not rebuilt the tub seal yet
Musicitul  
#198 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 5:16:10 AM(UTC)
Musicitul

If you are seeing the rust, then the tub seal might be bad. I have the same issue with the rust, but have not rebuilt the tub seal yet

The tub seal is bad.... the whole clutch is basically rusted together. I can't unfuse the spinner and the upper part.

I don't know if I have it in me to fix the tub.
becikeja  
#199 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2014 4:55:42 PM(UTC)
becikeja

Thanks for all the posts, this worked perfect. $5 for the silicon lubricant ans as good as new.
cartman  
#200 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 5:18:02 PM(UTC)
cartman

I'm having the same issue that thorning was having before he gave his away. I have the 9800, and recently nearly every load stops at the 11-12 minute remaining mark with the Unbalanced load message.

I took the clutch assembly off, and there was no rust on it. There was a white powder in the place where the tension spring sits. I WD-40'd everything, put a light lube on the bearing, and put everything back together. I checked that the tub can only spin by hand in the counter-clockwise direction, it won't go clockwise.

With the front panel off, the tub is moving around, but it doesn't appear to be severely out of balance. Eventually, after moving things around, it will complete the cycle, but it might take 5-6 times. Could it maybe be the out-of-balance sensor, or the shocks are shot? They do have some give, but do bounce back into place. Not sure how to test the out of balance sensor, I'm guessing maybe unhook it from the tub?