Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cdadek  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 8:27:28 AM(UTC)
cdadek

Groups: Registered

I have a ge refrigerator model #GSL25JFTA. It was purchased in 2006. The Water Dispenser does not work sometimes. The Ice Maker is working and dispensing.

I took off the front grill at the bottom of the refrigerator and disconnected the water line. No water came out of the water dispenser.

Now what? Other suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 8:33:22 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Can you provide the serial# please
cdadek  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 10:53:57 AM(UTC)
cdadek

I went home over lunch to get the serial number. I took disconnected the water line again, closed the freezer door, and hit the dispenser for water. No water came out of the dispenser, but water did come out of the water line this time.

the serial number is FL246509
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 11:25:15 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Does the lights on the dispenser go out when you call for water? Down next to the water line you disconnected, there is a square electrical plug with 3 wires, look at that to see if there is corrosion on the wires at the plug.
cdadek  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 11:27:59 AM(UTC)
cdadek

The water light (and cubed/crushed ice lights) are working. The water light works properly even when the water is not dispensing
phild12  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:57:36 AM(UTC)
phild12

I had this problem for the last few years -yes turning off the freezer with the door open for a few hours worked but is a royal pain in the neck. Using a hairdryer for 15 minutes does too, when it keeps freezing up agin every day. I also had a repairman install the GE kit to keep it from freezing - it worked for awhile, but then stopped working, and the water line again froze up. Looking at solutions around the Internet, the one that made the most sense suggested that there was insufficient insulation in the freezer door directly behind the water dispenser; i also noticed freezing air blowing directly there when the freezer was running. So I simply stuffed a cloth towel on the inside of the door where the ice comes through, and hanging down in front of the flat part behind the dispenser - and it did not freeze for several days. i then got a flat piece of insulating styrofoam, about 10inx11in, attached it by velcro to that flat part on the inside of the door, and have not had a problem since.
AppUser1  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 4:10:48 PM(UTC)
AppUser1

Hello,
I'm experiencing the same issue (ice maker works without issue, dispenser not dispensing water), with GE model GSF251GXB side-by-side. To confirm water is reaching refrigerator, I located the water line up to the blue quick disconnect at the bottom of the left door (freezer side), behind grill. I removed the water tube from the quick disconnect, activated the dispenser, and there was water flowing through the tube. I reinserted water tube back into the blue collar and activated the water dispenser, nothing! That means the feed tube to dispenser is freezing up somewhere inside the door. I came across a post where someone posted, to leave the dispenser light on for approximately 24 hours, to defrost water line. I tried it and it worked! Even though this worked, it's still unacceptable!
I'm waiting to hear from GE if service kit WR49X10173 (dispenser water tube heater), can be installed on my particular model;http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00309...ispenser-not-workingwill

Here are additional link to people experiencing the same issue;
GE Refrigerator water dispenser intermittently working

GE frozen feed tube
GE SxS Refrig. - Water Dispenser Inop by ****************.com - YouTube

Troubleshooting GE water dispenser
Troubleshooting a GE water dispenser and installing a GE heater element - YouTube

GE replacement door assembly WR78X12313 ($600.00)
AppUser1  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 3:04:37 PM(UTC)
AppUser1

Follow up (GSF251GXB);
After all this time, water dispenser has begun to dispenser water again however, after a few days, when dispenser is pressed, load vibration is present (appears to be coming from water filter housing). I noticed when filter is loosened a little, noise goes away but water dispenses slower. When filter is tightened again, vibration returns! Changed filter, disconnect the quick connect line under front (freezer side) and pressed dispenser (water is flowing freely from this point. thought by doing this, would remove air if present). Vibration is still present. Is it possible that the following part has or is failing;
Water Filter Housing and Tube Assembly - GE Part Number: WR17X11920
GE WR17X11920 Water Filter Housing and Tube Assembly - AppliancePartsPros.com
Any reply or additional information regarding this issue is greatly appreciated.
AppUser1  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 12:47:52 AM(UTC)
AppUser1

Just a follow up with regard to vibration issue. Had sink faucet running (cold water ), and used water dispenser at the same time, and vibration goes away however, when faucet is turned off and water dispenser is used, it returns!
Awaiting to install filter Bypass & tube Assembly #WR17X11920. If that doesn't work will try water valve part # WR57X10051 or WR57X10032. Unsure if water valve part number was updated to 10051 from 10032 or not.
Will follow up.
AppUser1  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:58:11 PM(UTC)
AppUser1

Follow up (apologies for delay in follow up).

Thought maybe issue was with water valve in rear (GE WR57X10051) or filter housing / bypass tube assembly (WR17X11920). So knew someone local that had items. Installed the water valve however, vibration was still present. Next, installed the filter bypass & tube assembly. Tried water dispenser and vibration was gone and dispenser is working as it should! So, it appears the issue was being caused by the filter bypass assembly. I now wonder if maybe bypass was causing the past intermittent issues with the dispenser (would work and then not. Ice maker had no issue). Time will tell if installing new bypass assembly will resolve that issue as well.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply