Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dkraines  
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 4:39:28 AM(UTC)
dkraines

Groups: Registered

An old thread, but this thread helped me with the switch repair on my glass top Kenmore (91132355591). I ordered the switch (WB24T10071). I didn't need the tape.

The burner drip pans attach the burner box to the glass, once I removed those, a gentle pry between the glass and burner box and the burner box easily separated from the glass (it was not glued on one side, but probably sticky from age). I replaced the switch, and lined up the burner box to the drip pans to screw back together.

This was about a 5 to 10 minute repair.

Cheers!
Joe / APP Team  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 5:04:26 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dkraines Go to Quoted Post
An old thread, but this thread helped me with the switch repair on my glass top Kenmore (91132355591). I ordered the switch (WB24T10071). I didn't need the tape.

The burner drip pans attach the burner box to the glass, once I removed those, a gentle pry between the glass and burner box and the burner box easily separated from the glass (it was not glued on one side, but probably sticky from age). I replaced the switch, and lined up the burner box to the drip pans to screw back together.

This was about a 5 to 10 minute repair.

Cheers!

Dkraines, Great Job... Thanks for the update, we're glad all went well for you.
OldCH4  
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2015 8:54:08 AM(UTC)
OldCH4

Groups: Registered

I had two problems. I dropped a pan lid and took a chip out of the top. It did not affect function, and I wasn't bothered by it, but SWMBO could not stand it. Also the buner sprark would not stop. So...

I replace the top, the spark generator and the switch harness. The directions here gave me the confidence to do it. All done, works great.

A couple of notes. If you are replacing the top, you will need the burner gaskets. They cannot be salvaged from the old top. There was no seal between the counter and the top, but the top shipped with an insulated heat shield that provided seal to the box. I was a little hesitant pulling off the burners. The ignitor was a little difficult to pull out of the connection, but if you go gently it won't be a problem.

Thanks for your help. SWMBO is happy so we are all happy.
Joe / APP Team  
#14 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 5:29:53 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OldCH4, Great !!! Glad we could help a little. Good Luck !!!