Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jennie_49031  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 9:58:24 AM(UTC)
jennie_49031

Groups: Registered

My GE dishwasher won't drain all the way after cycles. Sometimes the water is up to the door, sometimes it is lower but never always gone. We've checked the drain lines and everything's clear. The basket inside is clean. It's almost like it drains when it wants to or that something is getting stuck and not allowing it to drain completely. During the drain cycle times it sounds like it wants to drain but does nothing. I have to flip the door switch open and close several times for it to reset it which seems to help it drain what is left in the bottom of the disher. Does anyone know what part I should be replacing on it? Is it the flapper that needs replaced or check valve? I just don't want to replace a bunch of parts that don't need it and want to get to the bottom of what the problem really is. I was thinking it could be the flapper getting stuck and not opening when it should but I'm not sure. Model # GSD5920DBB GE Profile Performance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:17:02 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
A model number may help others help you.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...modelnumber_locator.aspx
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jennie_49031  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 9:06:28 AM(UTC)
jennie_49031

Groups: Registered

I had a hard time finding the model # on the dishwasher and ended up having to research which one it was online but here it is Model # GSD5920DBB.
denman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:27:34 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for GE GSD5920D00BB Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

With the kick plate off check that the solenoid pulls the flapper all the way into the drain position. Down on the solenoid is the drain position.

Check the piston and nut assembly (item 564 in Section 02). It is behind the screen cover at the back bottom of the tub. It unscrews. If it does not seal when in a drain cycle water is pumped back into the tub instead of out the drain.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply