Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
avargas  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 7:57:45 AM(UTC)
avargas

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6500WW1 and I am getting the UL code as well. It kicks in at the last 12 minutes of the cycle (spin cycle). I read alot of people saying to replace the suspension rods. I replaced them and I am still getting the error even with no clothes in the load. Help!?
transplantwest  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 8:16:44 PM(UTC)
transplantwest

Video on replacement rods was awesome ! thank you.
Please give directional terms or something getting the lid open on the other video (dis-assembling) the cabrio. That was hardest part.

for everyone reading posts on Notes. WEAR RUBBER GLOVES like in the video, way easier to hold & pull rods. Clean up easier too as I got covered in grease.

I called 4 repair guys I found on Google. None of the numbers were even valid. So I tried your site. I've never done anything like this. THANK YOU ! (Its so quiet I can't tell its running !)
abrown1965  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:48:33 AM(UTC)
abrown1965

You need new shock absorbers on your drum. Go to ************************.com and type in your model number and look for the part number for the shock absorbers. There should be 4 of them. They are not very expensive. If you can get the part number from repair ************ , amazon sometimes has the parts cheaper. They are not really that hard to put on. If you look on ************************.com you can find an exploded view of your wahser and it will show you where they go. I'm sure if you look on You Tube you can watch a video of how to replace them. I replaced mine in about 20 minutes and had no issues afther that.
AlNighter  
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 11:27:40 AM(UTC)
AlNighter

I had the same experience as avargas. I replaced the suspension rods as described, which was easy. Same problem still happening afterwards.
R5416  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 2:30:10 PM(UTC)
R5416

I also have a crappy cabrio top loader with a glass lid, I have replaced the balance rods ans described in this post, still will not complete a cycle, here is an interesting fact, I run the thing completely empty and it spins for about 60 seconds then goes UL every time. Please Help!
boblani  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 12:36:27 PM(UTC)
boblani

I'm a novice, but with the video I decided to try it. Washer now like new. no more UL in spin cycle.

Ordered rods on Thursday, arrived on Monday (chose normal delivery).

My biggest problem was getting the clips in front to let go. Putty knife would not get them to release. Slipped a thin metal piece in and gave it a light tap with a hammer. After that, everything was easy.
izz  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 1:28:58 PM(UTC)
izz

Thanks so much for this video! This saved us from spending 600 dollars for a new washer or maybe a couple of hundred for repair. It was a bit of a challenge to open the machine and the color of the plastic parts holding my original rods where white and looked like these where not removable, but pushing the tabs it came off. Overall, it was a very doable DIY repair for anyone. I had my wife help be the tub to put it the new rods....
Again, thanks so much!

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.
Using the putty knife open two clips holding the top in front and raise it. Check the suspension rods and balls.
Also check all the plugs at the control board and the motor.

The suspension rods kit Part number: W10189077
Part number: W10189077

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool WTW6600SW0 AUTOMATIC WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
DeborahLeah  
#18 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 6:45:15 PM(UTC)
DeborahLeah

We also have the whirlpool cabrio. About 90% of the time it won't stay balanced and comes up with UL code. I've tried to rebalance it countless times. I am at my wits end, am now 5 months pregnant and am tired of not being able to reach into the drum to lift heavy sopping wet laundry to balance it, for it to inevitably do nothing to fix the problem. It will show up with the UL code with 12 minutes left in the normal cycle (also does this in the whites cycle). Once i rebalance and close the lid sometimes the time resuming come back up then it'll moan and fill a tiny bit and come up with SD. sometimes the UL will come back after shutting the lid and it won't turn off or pause, I have to unplug it. After unplugging it I have to either rewash (Pft, been there, tried that) or put it on "drain and spin". In that setting it then adds a bit of water (?!!!!) and eventually ends up stopping with the SD code. Meanwhile, I haven't put too much soap in AND I've put the soap in the corner pocket. PLEASE HELP! my toddler has no clean clothes and my special needs (incontinent) son goes through mattress pads, pillows, sheets and blankets like CRAZY! please HELP!
Dmillsa  
#19 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2017 4:54:35 AM(UTC)
Dmillsa

Originally Posted by: AlNighter Go to Quoted Post
I had the same experience as avargas. I replaced the suspension rods as described, which was easy. Same problem still happening afterwards. I have also replaced the bearing which made the movement much better however at the 6 min mark it starts jumping all over the place and throws a UL error any ideas? I have model WTW6600SW3