Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rcavalie  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 5:38:57 PM(UTC)
rcavalie

Groups: Registered

The oven control panel (smooth glass panel) will not respond to user input. Pressing the pad to use oven, set time, etc. yields no response. It started to get hard to input selections (required many tries to enter input) about 6 months ago. It got progressively worse and now doesn't work at all. Gas range works, panel lights work but can't set time since input pad doesn't work. Control knob seems to work. Range burner igniter works.

Would like to troubleshoot this problem but don't know how. I'm relatively handy and do almost all my own repairs. I'm afraid it needs a new display panel which may cost more than the unit is worth. Can someone please help me determine if it can be cost effectively fixed or if I should scrap it and look for another unit?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brad65  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:15:58 PM(UTC)
brad65

If you have a Bosh gas or electric range with a touch pad above the burners and it stops working.....first thing, remove the top rear sheet metal plate at the back (2 screws) and look and see if the circuit board has come away from the front panel...Bosh uses 2 sided tape to secure the display panel and it can become loose and your oven and clock won't work....
All ya have to do is press it back into place and maybe add some duct tape to the outer flanges to hold it better.....
Good luck..
philroe  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 2, 2014 12:19:50 PM(UTC)
philroe

Tape is not the best solution. You need some way to keep the control board permanently in contact with the glass. I roughly carved a soft piece of wood so that it would wedge firmly between the control board and the back side of the housing. Solved it completely
jjanse  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2014 11:38:46 AM(UTC)
jjanse

A piece of wood between the circuit board and back cover solved the problem for me to. Tried duct tape first but that didn't last but 10 minutes. Thanks for the tip. :)
PaulPit  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 6:43:30 PM(UTC)
PaulPit

Thank you for the really helpful suggestion. Really helped.
gms  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 9:44:02 AM(UTC)
gms

+1
Was ready to spend $200+ on a new control board but found this thread. Just as predicted, the tape on one side of the mounting bracket had slid down, disabling the light/time/off buttons. I used some big tooth picks to support the bracket & no more problems.
roksto  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 3:03:24 PM(UTC)
roksto

thanks for this thread- I called Bosch when I thought the control panel was bad and they told me the part was $140.00 plus $125.00 labor just to determine what was wrong! Bosch should be ashamed of themselves. The adhesive is obviously a bad idea in this location where the heat can affect the control panel from moving away from the glass. i also took a wood skewer, broke it into pieces and wedged the pieces so the control panel was closer to the glass! And if it happens again, i know exactly the problem and what to do! Thanks Again!
Charitym  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:59:36 PM(UTC)
Charitym

What if the control panel is front-mounted instead of above the burners?
unie01  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 11:50:20 AM(UTC)
unie01

sub'd to this threadUserPostedImage
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2022 10:42:55 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks for this answer! Shame on Bosch for using such lame methods and parts! I ended up using a double sided 3M sticker that’s really strong. I think it will hold

Edited by user Sunday, August 21, 2022 10:45:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Forgot something