Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rajfixplumming  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 10:33:52 AM(UTC)
rajfixplumming

Groups: Registered

I have Kitchen Aid dish washer model KUDSO1FLSS1. I like to know how to remove the motor and then replace the bearings. Can the motor just be removed by removing the from plates or does the whole washer needs to
be disconnected to get to motor ?

Any video and hints would be appreciated.

Tks - rajfixplumming
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

festeraddams  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 6:42:06 PM(UTC)
festeraddams

Whirlpool W10239405 Circulation Pump and Motor Assembly - AppliancePartsPros.com

This is what you need. The bearings are not servicable, the pump motor and sump come as an assembly and would be what I would reccomend replacement of. Why do you think you need bearings anyway?

First remove dishwasher and lay on back after removing racks.

The motor does disconnect from the sump, but to install/uninstall sump, there are 3 white plastic clips 1 in rear, 1 in front, and 1 on LH side, remove drain pump from RH side by depressing lock tab on top of drain pump and rotate counter clockwise, pull out. Disconnect sensor in sump near drain pump. Disconnect main pump motor harness, if it has an assembly on the drain outlet (pressure switch) remove it also (T15 torx). Remove lower spray arm. Remove manifold assembly from inside metal clip at top towards back, and metal clip in rear at middle manifold connection. Remove from sump by turning clockwise and keep track of lower spray arm mount and small clear plastic washer (IT MUST GO BACK IN WHEN DONE).

Now we remove those 3 white plastic clips and the sump should be released from tub now. Lube the new sump rubber gasket with a small ammount of dish soap or water on your hand and reverse removal for installation.
rajfixplumming  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 1:11:37 AM(UTC)
rajfixplumming

Hello:

Is this same as below link priced at $183

http://www.********************...pe=Dishwasher&Mark=9

OR below prices at $133

http://www.********************...ore-dishwasher-pump.html

I see that product also on your website prices at $173 below
Whirlpool W10239405 Circulation Pump and Motor Assembly - AppliancePartsPros.com

There seems to be quite a price variation ? Please advice ?

Tks - rajfixplumming