Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yoskiman  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 6:51:53 AM(UTC)
yoskiman

Groups: Registered

Hi guys, I have a Maytag Ensignia washer that was making a screeching sound when the spin cycle ended. I asked a service tech and he advised me to spray some wd-40 where the snubber ring is located. I accidentally got some on the drive belt also but the the screeching sound did stop. Sadly now when the cycle ends the entire tub jerks attempting to rotate pretty hard and hits the left side of the cabinet, its as if the break mechanism isn't catching and or slipping. Everything else seems to work fine during operation the tub doesn't bang the cabinet during the spin cycle until it stops, the tub seems balanced the springs look ok the machine is level. Any ideas how to fix such an issue?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 5:14:13 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If the problem is the snubber spraying it with WD 40 won't help, it has to be replaced. The problem could also be the brakes but if you work on them be very careful as the brake spring is under high tension and you need a special brake tool to remove the brakes.
yoskiman  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 5:47:16 PM(UTC)
yoskiman

I will replace that part it seems like an easy change out but from what I read the snubber keeps the system balanced which it seems to be doing during the spin cycle its not hitting the cabinet until the break mechanism activates does it throw it off balance banging it into the cabinet. Before I try replacing the break assembly is there any way I can test the break system to be certain. Also I have attached a picture where I was spraying the wd-40 I believe i sprayed it into the wrong area and that's why the break assembly might be working badly but not certain.

Thanks for the reply.

UserPostedImage
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 6:01:07 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Operate the machine with the front panel off and see if you can determine exactly what is happening.
yoskiman  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 6:05:38 PM(UTC)
yoskiman

I have it looks purely like the break is slipping please review my last post I edited it with a picture of where I sprayed the wd-40. I think i must of got oil into the break assembly and my only choice now would be to replace it or take it apart and clean it? I can make a video of what is happening if that would be help you determine what might be wrong, let me know.

Thanks again.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 4:11:44 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

I fyou are certain nothing is broken in the support structure then I would go ahead and replace the snubber and brakes.

Again, be sure to use the brake tool and be careful in working with the spring. It can harm you.