Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HowardB  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 6:26:54 AM(UTC)
HowardB

Groups: Registered

4 year old Maytag portable dishwasher. Problems from the get go. I've had to replace a hose set, door switch, and impeller, and remove the backflow flap.

Over the past year or so, the lights on the control panel have begun to fail. There were no lights for cycles, but we could still press the proper number of times to select the cycle we wanted and all was fine. Then the heated dry light failed, but again, we could still select/deselect it and everything worked fine.

A few days ago my wife went to start the machine, and while the remaining working lights were fine the 4 hour delay light was flashing, and the dishwasher would not start. I don't know what I did, but I started pressing random buttons and got it to run. Ran fine the next day, and since then it will not start no matter what I do. The lights that were working continue to work, but it will not run, and after a minute or so all the lights turn off.

I've power cycled several times, and tried several reboot combinations I've found on the web, but no joy. I can live with replacing either the control panel or control board, but not both...and I don't want to replace one to find out it is the other that is bad.

Any words of wisdom from the experts here?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.