Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ElectroVenom  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 2:20:51 PM(UTC)
ElectroVenom

Groups: Registered

My Electrolux stopped dispensing water for both the water and ice maker last week. It was having problems where water would dribble out of the water spout after filling a glass, and have read it was a sign of a bad valve. I replaced the water valve tonight, and I can hear the solenoid running, but still no water or water to the ice maker. I thought maybe the filter was clogged, but that didn't work, and if you eject the filter, it shoots with force out of the housing (and it is filling with water). Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ev69  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 4:08:01 PM(UTC)
ev69

I have exactly the same problem. Did you figure out what was the problem? Any help would be much appreciated.
ElectroVenom  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 7:19:59 PM(UTC)
ElectroVenom

No, I've tried removing, taping, and replacing the water line in the door. No luck. I've been told that the vent between the fridge and the freezer is closed or clogged, but can't find a vent. I've also read that in order for Electrolux (Fridgidaire) to make it a certain way, they had to cut down on door insulation. I think it should be a recall IMO. For right now, only the Ice Maker works, and the water line up the door is frozen.
ev69  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 1:19:20 PM(UTC)
ev69

Thanks! Have you tried to clean the bottom of the fridge or defrost it to see if it makes a difference?

Seems like a common problem that lots of people are facing -

"The latest and last straw is the water line keeps freezing up in the door so we have to keep shutting it off to defrost and then it freezes up again. I can't use the filter water at all!!!! Come to find out after reading reviews many are having this same problem. So I called Electrolux to see if they would send a new door or do anything. They said since it is out of the year and 2 year warranty they can't do anything and they can send a door out for 400 dollars. We just can't believe it"

Top 193 Complaints and Reviews about Electrolux
ev69  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 1:21:32 PM(UTC)
ev69

Here's a youtube video that shows how to clean the bottom coils -

Refrigerator Maintenance Tips - YouTube
ev69  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 1:27:06 PM(UTC)
ev69

Compiling link for others who are faced with this problem -

Sears Parts direct -

"Scott D , April 29, 2013 (Expert)

Thank you for your question. I know it can be disappointing when the dispenser stops working. If the icemaker is still working, it does indicate the filter is ok. If you can hear a noise when the dispenser is activated, it indicates the water valve # 241734302 is being energized but is apparently not opening and will probably need to be replaced. Now, it is possible the water tank behind the crispers could be frozen but it's not very likely. To check the water tank, pull the crisper drawers out and you will have access to the tank. If the tank is frozen, you can use a hair dryer to thaw it out. Just be careful not to get it too hot. I hope this will help you. If you would like more assistance, reply to this thread and I will be glad to assist you further."
ev69  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 1:34:07 PM(UTC)
ev69

Justanswer dot com -

"Expert: Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok so this could be a problem with your filter receptacle, or on this particular refrigerator, the most common issue is that the water line inside the door freezes. Remove the kick panel below the refrigerator and freezer doors and look for the water line disconnect just behind the front panel near the freezer door hinge. Disconnect the water line and shut the door. Press the water dispenser and see if water comes out of the water line at the bottom where you'd disconnected the water line. If water comes out, you'll need to just turn the refrigerator off and leave the door open for about 45 minutes and that will allow the door to heat up enough that when you connect the water line to the door again, it should start to dispense water again. Using a hair dryer to warm up the door is also very useful.

If you don't have water that comes out the lower hose when you disconnect it and push the dispenser paddle, you need to replace the filter receptacle because it often stops flow of water to the dispenser for some reason."

"You need to open the freezer door---it's the one with the dispenser on it. The water line runs up through that door."
ev69  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 1:38:15 PM(UTC)
ev69

Expert:
Remove the crisper drawers out of the fridge. Behind the drawers you will see some water tubing. The tubing is the water resivior. Use a hair dryer on the resivior to thaw it.

Customer:
I took your advice and used a hair dryer. I heard a pop and now have water leaking from the reservoir. Guess I need a new reservoir?

Expert:
Yes but the problem was a frozen reservoir. The reservoir wont leak when it is frozen it leaks when the ice turns to water. When the water freezes it expands and sometime cracks the reservoir.

Customer:
OK, thanks. Is it special tubing to replace water tank or will regular 1/4" plastic tubing work?

Expert:
Just 1/4 inch. You might be able to cut out the split part and splice the tubing back together.
ChrisCT  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 3:00:16 PM(UTC)
ChrisCT

Our Electrolux water doesn't work from time to time, although the ice maker always works. This occurs because the line is frozen. To fix, open the freezer door and use a hair dryer to defrost. The line runs in side the door from the hinge on the bottom, up the right (hinge side) of the door. Be careful not to melt the plastic. It takes me about 10 minutes to fix.
jbx9828  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 10:01:53 AM(UTC)
jbx9828

Thanks for the post. You were spot on. 15-20 min with the blow dryer on the inside/ hinge side of freezer door thawed the line. Worked the blow dryer up and down and on the side of ice dispenser. Water dispenser began working.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply