Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
leolech  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:24:07 AM(UTC)
leolech

Groups: Registered

Here is challenge! I have a Jenn-Air M145 microwave in great shape but the controller went out. Jenn-air part No, 766173. AP lists this as a part No AP3488785 - No longer available. I have been working on this a while and found out that this oven is actually a Maytag. I searched numerous sites and one (I forgot which one)said that the controller crossed to a Maytag MM094000799 that fit Maytag ovens in the M270 model family. I looked up the Maytag M270 on the AP site and it listed the controller as also an AP3488785. By some act of God, I have acquired a brand new MM094000799. Looking at them side by side, the printed wiring board is exactly the same and most all the components are the same but the new one has a few resistors installed where as my old one had shorting wires in a few locations and the display on the new one, although same size and all, is a bit more sophisticated having some words on the display since the M270 had timer features I believe. The manufacturer number on my old board says Harper Wyman Model 8014 while the new one is an 8015. I have not powered it up yet. Would this one really be downward compatible?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.