Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Adglf05  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:20:29 AM(UTC)
Adglf05

Groups: Registered

Fresh food side not cooling. Freezer side works great. This is a dual system fridge. All fans work. Fresh food side blows not so cold air. No frost build up on either side.

I've replaced the thermistor and the mother board. Still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:09:19 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the fridg section evaporator is not cold, you probably have a bad control valve coil. You will need a meter to check.
Adglf05  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:09:09 PM(UTC)
Adglf05

Thanks for replying.

Here's where I am on the fridge issue. I replaced the thermistor on the side wall of the fresh food side since this was the side that was not getting cold enough. That didn't fix it.

Deducting that the thermistor was now good and the only fan in the frag food side would turn on when the door switch was pressed down, I replaced the motherboard.

My issue was never frost. I never got the build up.

I thought maybe the heater coil would turn on too soon and would not allow the fresh food evaporator to cool down. I don't have a heater col or element in this fridge. What I do have is another thermistor. It's in an aluminum block attached to the evaporator.

I have replaced the second thermistor that was located inside the block attached to the fresh food evaporator or coil looking thing that gets cold.

As of now, my fridge is cold again.

I checked the thermistor with the tutorial that the guy at the the repair it ************ has and the thermistor tested bad after being placed in ice water.

Again, thanks for your response and its only been a day since I replaced the thermistor, hopefully it stays cold.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:42:34 AM(UTC)
richappy

Seems like you got it fixed. That evaporator thermistor controls length of defrost, so you had incomplete defrost before.
Adglf05  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:06:06 AM(UTC)
Adglf05

So you think the defrost would kick on before it needed to because there was no frost build up. When I tested it after in removed it, it would test well above the ohms it needed.
I was always under the impression that if it was faulty, there would be frost build up.
richappy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:28:19 AM(UTC)
richappy

No, the wrong value for the thermistor would terminate defrost before all the frost was off the coils.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply