Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
essdiddy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 5:07:52 PM(UTC)
essdiddy

Groups: Registered

GE DBRX453 Electric
So my dryer threw the breaker the other day and I just flipped it back and restarted the dryer, It worked so I didn't think much about it. About a week later it tripped again. This time I reset the breaker and the dryer is only tumbling, not heating.

I thought assumed the element had broken and grounded out so it took it apart with the intention of replacing the element.

The element was not broken. I checked and it had continuity and about 20 resistance. It was not showing continuity to the case or ground so back to the drawing board. The thermal fuse showed continuity and I didn't see any hotspots or grounds/pinched wires anywhere.

I put it back together. Still tumbles but no heat. So while testing with the door open and hholding the switch, I noticed this...

When I let off the door switch to stop the dryer the light comes on for about 3 seconds and then a click and it goes off and I can press and release the button and the light will not come back on, but I can hold it and start the tumble again. Let off the button and the light for about 3 seconds and a click. So its gotta be a breaker somewhere and I can't locate it by the sound. I will have to take it back apart and trace the wire, but do you think that is anyway related to my heat problem? Both started at the same time.

Any thoughts?

I would like to get tumbler slides and felt for it before I take it apart again, and if I could order the right breaker at the same time that would be great, I really only want to take this thing apart one more time if possible if possible, it doesn't seem to have much service access, just kinda all or nothing...

Thanks for the assist!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.