Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ronusmc  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 8:08:21 AM(UTC)
ronusmc

Groups: Registered

Had a F10 error on my Frigidaire electric stove. We use the stove top but not the oven (not in over 18 months). But in the middle of the night we got a F10 error and a load warning signal.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mkenny1128  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 11:03:18 AM(UTC)
mkenny1128

I just spent some time researching an F10 error on a Frigidaire electric oven/range and while I'm not an expert, here's where I am. F10 is a "Runaway Temperature" alarm. (If you look on the back of your stove, there should be a little envelope taped on to the sheet metal with an electrical schematic inside. This should have some error codes as well. It wasn't until after I researched it that I found this envelope, left there by the previous owner.) In my case, when I turned the oven on to "Bake", the broiler element heated up and never shut down, causing an overheating condition in the oven (it was damn hot). I came to the conclusion that the E.O.C., or Electronic Oven Control, needs to be replaced (at least I hope so since that's the part that I ordered). In your case, I'll bet that it's either that, or your Resistance Temperature Detector needs to be replaced. Again, I'm no expert, this is my first attempt at appliance repair, so take it for what it's worth.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
ronusmc  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 3:05:50 PM(UTC)
ronusmc

Thanks for the input.
calybreeze  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 3:48:48 PM(UTC)
calybreeze

I just had same issue. Very new range. Just bought it in late November. I have used the oven but not for a few days. I was cooking artichokes on the range top and the F10 and beeping came on. CANCEL as recommended in the manual did not work. Had to cut the power at the circuit breaker to stop the beeping.
Called in for service but of course they are closed for the weekend