Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DjPiLL  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2009 12:57:57 AM(UTC)
DjPiLL

Groups: Registered

Hi everybody. My kitchenaid dishwasher just stopped working. I think it stopped in the middle of a cycle last night.

Now when I try to start a new cycle, I cannot get the Start/Resume button to have a solid light when i press it. It only blinks. Since it only blinks now, when I close the door the cycle never starts.

I already tried the HEATED DRY/NORMAL/HEATED DRY/NORMAL button sequence. When I do that all the lights light up. When I close the door the dishwasher starts up which I guess is running series of diagnostic washes. When it's done, problem remains. Start button keeps blinking. If I hit cancel, all the lights go out.

TIA.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DjPiLL  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2009 2:19:13 PM(UTC)
DjPiLL

It's interesting because now the only way I can wash my dishes is to throw soap in there, and hit the heated dry/normal/heated dry/normal button sequence. I actually have to do this twice because while the first run cleans the dishes, I like to run it a second time to just make sure all the soap comes off.
DjPiLL  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:59:52 AM(UTC)
DjPiLL

Hey guys. I called Kitchenaid and they thought it could be "electrical". Wanted me to shut the breaker for 5mins but I already tried that.

They wanted to schedule a technician to come out... said I was not covered for labor... but some parts would be covered (electrical). He felt this particular problem would be covered.

So I asked him why doesn't he just send me a new control board. He was hesitant at first, but gave in when I told him I could change it myself.

I actually had the door off on the dishwasher a few days ago. I saw where the control board was, but I couldn't figure out how to pop it out. It seems like its "clipped" onto the door panel. Any ideas?

Does anyone have a service manual for this model? I really could use it. Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply