Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
n_sathya  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:41:50 PM(UTC)
n_sathya

Groups: Registered

***THIS IS ACTUALLY JVM1631 MW***
This is above the oven type.
Exhaust fan and surface light was on when everything went out.
1. the wall outlet has power
2. using instructions here and previous posts, checked line fuse is good
3. there were some discussion about 'thermal cut off' - not sure where it was so looked for 'fuses' that looked 'like' theremal cut off - found 2 mounted on the floor (left picture)- connections closed.
Found another one(right picture) that look similar to thermal fuse mounted on the magnatron (?) with two black leads - they are open and not sure if they are supposed to be open when the power is off. One of the black leads connect to the in line fuse and not sure where the other one goes.

my further investigation on this quesitonable part on GE website, per the internal diagram in third picture attached, the part i'm referring to is item #110: bimetal thermostat.

i checked once again by removing this part and it is closed - no connection between the leads.

should i order this part, is this one of my root causes?

Any suggestions on how to proceed? I have pictures of the internal components.

Thanks for your help in advance.
n_sathya attached the following image(s):
Closed ones.jpg
open one.jpg
mw diagram.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.