Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
grad01  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 6:45:32 PM(UTC)
grad01

Groups: Registered

The water dispencer turns on by itself. Everything else works fine. If you select ice and put a glass under the opening and activate the lever - ice comes out -when you let off the ice stops. If you select water and put a glass and activate - water comes out fine. The problem is that the water will activate all by itself intermittently. even when the selector is set for ice - the water will come on all by itself intermittently. I can be standing in the kitchen and water will start running out like someone put a glass in the opening and selected water - it runs for a second or two and stops. I keep a cup in the door to collect the water right now and have to empty every few days. Not sure where to start - the water valve in the back? or the control board behind the water/ice select panel? or the main fridge control board in the back?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richard.csongor@gmail.com  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:01:54 PM(UTC)

I have the same issue. I will try to find the solution.

Does any one have any information on this one?

I hear it could be a micro switch, but not sure how to diag or replace?:confused:
grad01  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:16:44 PM(UTC)
grad01

I found the problem with my fridge. I replaced the water control solenoid assembly in the back lower left and it works fine now. Being they were all the same age - i replace the whole assembly (there were 2 or 3 in one assembly) Thanks for the reply.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:45:24 AM(UTC)

Thanks, I already ordered the part. I have swiched this part out twice, but never had this issue. It usually would either leak from the valve or not actuate. Pretty easy fix though. Thanks again.:)
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:08:38 AM(UTC)

Well, I just replaced the main water valve WR57X10023. However, the problem is still there. I ordered WR57X10024 and should have realized that this is the part going haywire as I replaced WR57X10023 only about a year or so ago. Hope this part will do the trick. Both of these parts come as WR57X10026 if you need to replace both. At about double the price.

Bummer, I wated ice for the holidays.

Merry Christmas!
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 4:14:57 PM(UTC)

After replacing the 3 way WR57X10024 valve, the dispenser is working properly again. Just make sure your put the water lines in the correct ports. I switched 2 by mistake and it made a rough sound. After getting correct all set.:D